Druid set war within

So this has nothing to do with the tier set bonus or anything but just a general question on how other Druids feel about the new tier set appearance.

The feral Druids that took the form of Goldrin were uncontrollable. The worgen were a by product of it, a feral mess really. We don’t have a wolf form because it’s not a typical druid form that we can control. Not even malfurion could do it.

Sure we can respect Goldrin but I feel like this was something more revered by warriors wasn’t it?

Plus why are we wearing animal fur? This feels way more shamanistic than Druidic overall.

Anyways that is my thought on this armor. It looks good but makes not much sense for a druid.

2 Likes

I actually really like it for PvP because it is a bit reminiscent of the “Yellow banana suit” and of the Dread elite for Horde (2 of my fav sets)… However… I’ll be quite disappointed if the metallic blue/grey version is indeed the elite variant, rather than the red/gold (there’s a bit of a confusion on the wowhead/reddit posts aobut it? so I’m not sure)

1 Like

I still think Worgin should get the Worgin form as a cat form.

1 Like

The helmet is a huge miss, overall the set is one of the lower ranks of tier for druids. It will be mogged over, and I hope to see better as TWW continues.

2 Likes

Hate the unbalanced shoulders.

Druids are about Balance…

This looks more like a Hunter tier set than a druid set.

ugh

1 Like

I kind of like it, but it’s not very druidic. The wolf motif is more of a shaman thing. I do like the animations though and the mohawk. Are we sure this is a druid set?

1 Like

It is!!

The one thing I do think is nice is that it looks like the armor is actually made of wood in some parts.

1 Like

i like the set but why no purple? :c

1 Like

lol purple would be awesome but sort of look like a pimp druid with the spotted cape and the fur. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

That’s not a wolf, its a Lynx.
The tier set is literally called The Mane of the Greatlynx.

Actually fits feral perfectly.

3 Likes

oh wow, I would have never guessed that was supposed to be a cat lol. Explains the spots!

Can’t say that changes my mind on it much tbh.

The helmet is still a huge miss of another wise good set.

Ya it’s definitely not for me. I prefer leaves, bark, branches, vines etc.

They were oh so close with the Autumnal Blaze tier set from season 2 of DF but the wings ruined it for me, and I’m not a huge fan of the moons.

I wish they would do a re-imagining of the Cenarion Raiment from Molten Core.
Give me some acorn accessories, autumn oak leaves, even a couple squirrels popping out of the shoulder leaves/scurrying or sitting still and you have my attention.

1 Like

Omgosh I would love squirrels on my armor

1 Like

It’s the Great Lynx set and we don’t have thalassian druids, but I like it. Much better than the hunter set, although that’s not hard to beat.

2 Likes

I personally like it, at least the theme/idea of it. Definitely a feral themed set so I think it works pretty well for druid.

I’d say it lacks when it comes to the more specific details, specifically the helmet and chest piece. Main focus of the helmet is the Mohawk and cat ears on the top so it looks really silly, and also pretty small and only covers the top half of your head so it doesn’t work that well on most races. Chest piece is also too much of like a surfer bro or biker appearance with the tooth necklace, low cut neck, and paw print on the back, feels really unserious. And the shoulder piece lynx head has a pierced ear so still feels kind unserious or silly.

1 Like

I like it a lot. It’s about time bear / cat Druids got some quality armor sets since like 99% of Druid sets are tree / plant themed.

Not many sets look good on male nelfs imo but this one does. I’m excited to get it. And yes, Druids wear fur. Druids aren’t vegans.

2 Likes

It’s sort of bad but find myself wearing a set with fur on it right now! Lol, there really is only a couple of sets that has fur. The bearmantle set is neat.

I feel like we don’t get anywhere close to enough tree/plant themed armor sets.
The last 2 I can remember was the Living Wood set from BRF in WoD and the Autumn Blaze set from Aberrus in DF.

Other than that, us tree hippies get absolutely nothing.
I’ll make a list for you:
Amirdrassil - Owl theme
Aberrus - Tree theme
Vault of Incarn - Owl/Bird theme
Sepulcher - Has fur, but named Fixed Stars so idk, not trees though
Sanctum - Death
Nathria - Van Helsing
Ny’alotha - Old God eyeballs
Eternal Palace - Fish stuff
Dazar’alor - Animal bones/feathers
Uldir - Titan armor
Antorus - Bear theme
Tomb of Sarg - Tauren theme/remake of black temple set
Nighthold - Astral/Star theme
HFC - Fur with a skull and 2 twigs for antlers
BRF - Living Wood, tree theme
SoO - i dont even know what that is
ToT - Haunted Forest theme
Heart of Fear - Bear/animal theme
Dragon Soul - idek, a little wood on there?
Firelands - Fire wood

Majority of Druids tier sets have been animal themed, with a quite a few of the plant ones being from vanilla so they are near unusable due to having 4 pixels on them.

We need more tree/plant armor sets.

1 Like

When you break it down like that, I guess why I said ‘quality’ which is obviously subjective but yeah there are a lot of tiers that fit into tree or animal catagory but are just hideous in general lol.

1 Like