Druid needs a new Class Designer

I dislike the druid class side of our talent tree. It feels like I’m giving up a lot of things I rather have for things that get me something important that Druids should have in a group.

But I feel like I lose on basically all of druid CC utility, like cyclone, hibernate, remove corruption, and typhoon.

I dunno, I feel naked as a feral druid. Branching out to take a spell like this feels bad when I have to give up something important. When we have talents in our tree that do nothing but increase our healing received or increases our healing our spell does by 3%. These things suck.

Or having to take wild growth because it’s the only direct way down the tree. Do you know how many time I use wild growth as a feral druid?

None.

But apparently I need it to make myself healable down the tree.

And for innervate. lol

1 Like

Speaking of proc’s, the last time we had something light up that was an instant cast spell that was worth pressing and interesting was when moonfire crits gave us instant cast starsurges. (Starfire procs based off of being hit isn’t that great) the original reason they removed this was it was too close to shamans getting lavasurge procs off of their flame shock. (We lost displacer beast because it was too much like mages blink)
But look at most if not all DPS classes. Everyone has some button lighting up that gives beneficial damage that’s fun to press. Balance druids have to be slapped by warriors and rogues 10 times before we get a starfire proc that tickles.

Blizzard took so much away from balance druids because it was too homogeneous with other classes. Now every class has all the same tools except balance druids. Everyone has a ranged silence on a decent CD, almost everyone has a ranged stun, every class heals more than a balance druid, and everyone has more defensive capabilities.

3 Likes

While I completely and utterly agree with this post, I’d like to mention we do actually have a new Proc talent for Balance - Touch of the Cosmos. My guess is it would be particularly fun with the choice talent that procs Starsurge/Starfall off each other.

But thats the thing, it just happens. No control, no light up button to press to make you feel like you did something. Just boring. Both the Hero Talent trees are boring.

1 Like

I agree, and even more so because I have no intention of using a Starfall build for PvP

I mean we could argue that playing the starweaver build offers proc’s in our gameplay, but I have never been a huge fan of the starfall builds. My high point with balance was MoP where you popped incarnation, and blasted starsurges that smacked into a target.

1 Like

I’m almost inclined to say that Starweaver doesn’t even count because it’s a choice node with Rattle the Stars which is a lot stronger and is picked more than Starweaver lol.

Yea it’s a talent that gives us a random proc, but it’s not even worth using over the entirely passive talent choice.

I just want MoP boomkin back.

2 Likes

Oh… OHHHH. Yea please. Mushrooms you could jump to. Force of nature actually doing something. Incarnation that did DAMAGE. Ysera’s Gift for survivability. Having actual armor and use out of Moonkin form and mark of the wild. Moonfire crits giving free starsurges.

For all you new balance druids, MoP was the expansion that we had it all.

2 Likes

I really miss free starsurges. I live for those. I would 100% main my druid again if they brought those back.

1 Like

Balance was so good in mop. The treants with root, the healing the fun procs, the mobility with displacer beast, symbiosis, heart of the wild actually being strong.

Rip

2 Likes