Dropping rogue

I don’t know why I bother playing this class that blizzard hates and continuously nerfs. Against a good player rogues are not good at all whatsoever, and I’m tired of putting in 3x the work as other specs that are busted overpowered and getting less results.

Sub is kind of a noob stomper spec in my opinion and anyone with a brain in their skull can shut me down.

I’m exhausted fighting an up hill battle with this company to make sub what it was or make us the duel machines we once were but there’s been too much pruning that has not been addressed.

Its not fun destroying people in battlegrounds who are very clearly new to pvp or destroying fresh 60s. I just want my spec to be good. We were OK at the beginning of shadowlands but quite mediocre now. Again reduced to a CC bot for the team.

It kills me that the absolutely obnoxiously broken overpowered specs like rets/ww monks/balance druids/fire mages are allowed to run rampant with placebo nerfs that do nothing where rogues continually get slapped with heavy nerfs every expansion on queue without fail.

So I’m done putting in 3x the effort just to win a fight against a good player on one of the busted specs noted above and am going to play a balance druid.

They are the only spec with multiple tools to win duels and busted overloaded burst damage. As much as I loved playing rogues in the past blizzard will never allow us to have fun or let us have one whole season of domination. People just whine and complain constantly about rogues and we are the only ones who ever get nerfs.

So there’s no point fighting blizzard. Rogues are trash right now and I’m done pretending they’re not.

7 Likes

I have been leveling my Druid.

The main people I play with are a priest and a hunter. Thug just doesn’t feel fun. Going to give jungle a whirl and see how it goes.

I don’t even know what I would level next. Does blizzard even read the forums to see how disappointed we are? I saw the wowhead charts today on twitter assn went down if that’s possible. We are third from the bottom. Good times!

I have been spending some time on my warrior as well, but I don’t think rogues are in as bad of shape as some people are lead to believe.

I do agree that the overturned classes got placebo nerfs whereas our spec got actual SIGNIFICANT nerfs that really impacted the way we play.

Not sure if we should be happy that maybe they learned not to over nerf specs OR outraged that MM hunter and rogues had to be the sacrifice to get them to realize that.

1 Like

My issue is that the main people I play with are a priest and hunter. Playing thug just isn’t fun so I was looking at other hunter comps that are viable so I chose Druid for jungle.

I’m still raiding as rogue

2 Likes

Same here, I still main my rogue for both pve and pvp.

Warrior was made strictly for PVP when I want a break from rogue and want to face roll some games. Can’t be bothered to learn how to PVE as a warrior, though I’m sure it’s probably easy. :man_shrugging:

I like the bonus utility Druid brings.

Plus I can play boomkin for RBGs or play resto.

The second they nerfed echoing rep I lost faith in blizzard balancing rogues

It wasn’t so much it was OP, it was the combo of a bunch of damage boosting modifiers, shadow blades and 100% crit chance legendary

Enjoy the class being balancing around MA for the xpac

its not just rogue, its everything that’s not rets/ww monks/balance druids or fire mages

2 Likes

I don’t really mind nerfs like that but it is ridiculous when it happens but things like Ringing Clarity remain untouched.
It is obvious that the developers do not play the game at all.

funny thing is a tried Spriest and Fire mage and tbh nothing compares to rogue, and honestly without rogue being competitive as it was especially in pvp, i really dont feel the need to play the game

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really not enjoying this xpac with my rogue so far. Been trying to get it geared and just have some fun in BG’s, but sin just isn’t doing it. The damage isn’t there and then we’re very squishy. Idk, guess I’ll try another class for this xpac I guess.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t even consider rerolling, I just stopped playing. Rogue was the last class I was still enjoying, and only barely. Such a shame. I wish I could like this game.

1 Like

I don’t know man I mean I agree that there are classes which are ridiculously OP, but we are still really good and can obliterate anyone 1:1

That said I do I agree that it’s much more difficult and takes a lot more effort to do that compared to other classes but IMO that’s what actually makes it fun. If you can be a good sub rogue then you are a damn good player and that’s something to be proud of.

1 Like

People make cheese 1 shot builds, they get nerfed into the ground. Ret hits to hard in BGs, rogue gets a nerf because the Ret can carry them. So the general idea is, nerf Rogue make game better duuururrrrr.

Honestly, I’ve mained a rogue my entire play and right now the class just feels like it’s been forgotten by Blizz. Talents, play style, specs, rotation all feel meh these days, and any time there’s anything potentially exciting or noteworthy it’s instant nerf back to mediocrity (or worse for sin).

It feels like no one on the dev team wants to think about rogues these days, let alone is excited by the prospect of making the class uniquely useful and fun again. Instead they’re opting for neglect.

1 Like

Yeah F this class…I mained since release and I cant take it anymore. Do yourself a favor and play range (mage/boom). Additionally gl trying to find raiding guilde as Rogue

3x the effort for subpar results.

1 Like

They didn’t forget, they been the whipping boy. Remember, they nerfed assassination rogues…assassination rogues…because they could hit as hard as boomkins and rets are now. This on top of Sub nerfs.

2 Likes

You cannot expect the rogue class to run around like some plate class. It’s get in, get out, run around in stealth.

It would be really silly to think what was going on before the kyrian ER nerf should be normal.

You could always go feral druid, similar yet different.

It’s true, I can’t expect my rogue to play like any other class. I love the stealth, the crowd control, the pickpocketing, and the general sneakiness.

But while my rogue doesn’t and shouldn’t play like any other class, it should still feel enjoyable and fun like any other class. I’ll never stop maining a rogue, but compared to how smooth and fun it’s felt in previous expansions and how much more enjoyable the rotation and vibes are on a lot of my other alts right now, I definitely think the current rogue experience has fallen behind.

1 Like