Dropped from 1850 to 1600 in 1 week fighting vs Glad sellers

rec is different than a league game
same as unrated vs rated

rec league here would be unrated pvp and rated is league pvp

losing a game to 2 of the top players with better gear would be annoying in a rated match is all im saying when they are probably trying to push further up

2 Likes

Moral of my post is that sometimes it’s okay to fight people better than you, that’s how you learn :slight_smile:

i just find it odd that you argue no1 is fighting all these way better rated players now there is proof and you turn from denying to defending lol

i dont care either way i just find alot of your posts funny

5 Likes

There really isn’t that much proof though, sure he got some high ranked players in a lower MMR lobby but that’s normal :man_shrugging:

Most of the “boosters” are really just RBG kids with gear.

1 Like

Its not sometimes, is a lot of times. Seems like your are not playing x2 to talk that. in 1700-1900 zone your will play against a lot of gladiators and r1 players selling rush and this is not normal.
PPL need to stop defending this trash system saying that it based in stone-paper-scissor and that is normal your team fight vs ppl that today is much better than you. The gameplay skillcap diference between 1400-1600-1800-2000-2200-2400+ is very huge in wow and we must assume that is real.
Put it in another sports example is not normal your school team in basketball play against usa basketball team in a official match. Or you and your friends play against Lebrom and others pro players because they want to play with friends or win gold with that.
The system is broken and say that it is not is only making things worst because normal players will have only 03 options, 1- stop play, 2- buy carrie services or keep dropping mmr until option 1 or 2 occur.

2 Likes

Actually, the OP only gives proof for one game. I’m not sure that’s enough proof to substantiate his claim here:

He hasn’t proved that this is happening to a “hundred players.” He hasn’t proved that 50% of his matches are against 2200+ players. And he hasn’t proved that people are doing this for gold. I’m not sure if the gold part is even relevant tbh, as it’s completely protected under the ToS. So yeah, it’s hard to really grasp how much of a problem this actually is.

Admittedly, these claims are hard to prove with evidence, especially the gold part. They would either require a statistical analysis and data reconfiguration that adheres to proper protocol and methodology or internal data from Blizzard themselves.

The OP’s arguement here seems bold, but it’s worth noting that Blizzard actually has a planned fix for this.

Which should help reduce the likeliness of running into higher ranked players.

It’s not broken though, most people who play understand that this is an MMO and gearing is important and takes time. Every week you get a guaranteed item based on your bracket, you have a 9k CP cap to slowly get to and the people who are already geared can focus on their gameplay.

The meta is fast paced and requires you to pre-wall/predict opponent’s before they make their move, so it involves a lot of quick thinking.

I think if people are struggling, consider watching a video guide on your class :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s literally broken and They have a fix coming out…

2 Likes

How positive are you that you are fighting actual glads and not… alts of glads with questionable gear.

My 197 ele sham can technically wear the glad title and glad mount but it doesn’t mean I have any idea what I am doing on him or that I stand a chance on him with his gear.

6 Likes

You’re saying players who are 2200 in 3s are boosting people in glad in 2s at 1700-1900 mmr? That makes no sense.

Everyone seems to forget there are other ways to get ilvl 226, most of which is coming from people who sat early season and farmed gear, or who do RBG’s to 2100.

1 Like

Pvp stat and all these stupid “boost issues” vanish.

Actually nvm, if you read between the lines of our blue friend’s post, he mentioned something about pvp participation being at it’s highest point in years, even if that currently at this point in the season is no longer the case.

The tone at Blizavision HQ seems to be that pvp is a success this expansion, just not for reasons we like. If you think about it most those boosts are purchased with gold, which most of the time is obtained through wow tokens and they are swift to punish those who dare do Rmt not bc it’s “against the tos” but bc it leaves Blizavision out of the $ flow.

Simply put, the current boost situation is a massive cash cow for Blizavision, don’t see them trying to do anything about it anytime soon.

I know you troll on here a lot but this one takes the cake :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I am confused… is cdew paying ven for a boost? or is ven paying cdew for a boost?

edit
screenshot of what an actual boost looks like
https://imgur.com/a/Bgqj8pQ

3 Likes

Do you have any proof that he didn’t, such as screenshots?

Source? Ten char

Care to link source?

h ttps://imgur.com/2Hd1GUS

h ttps://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/kelthuzad/larosx

Come on in and defend ya boi in “RBG gear”
I’ll wait.

1 Like

This would be a comparison if:

Your Rec league were tied to your opportunity to make more of a income based on your performance.

To some, 2’s is the means to acquire they’re top rating and thereby gear. The top 90% is still right around 1800, so it’s odd to find and play against such high caliber at that rating. There has been an issue this entire season with the difficulty in gaining rating unlike others and it appears to only magnify as this season drags on.

In conclusion I follow your point. I agree with you that it’d be beneficial in the long term to play people who are objectively better if for no other reason to get better. But as it stands, those people are playing in lower tier brackets (with regards to rating) more so than I can remember, really tarnishing the enjoyment of others. I don’t think it’s intentional either, it’s just growing to be the normal now.

But Steph is stopping me from getting my new Jordan’s. I have to beat him wearing flip flops while he wears the best shoes available! lol

1 Like

2s is so dead and broken you get matched with people at 2100 (that is actually r1) and still lose 11 ratings while they gain 0 rating for that win.

5 Likes