Dratnos' Big Shadowlands Fear

You just proved the guy right, I think. I’m pretty sure he was getting at the fact that IO is basically what all PUGs care about, and Covenant will not be considered over someone’s IO score.

True, but Covenant abilities would cater to all audiences if they end up being balanced. The “casuals” wouldn’t care. They’re just going there for shinies.

Me personally, I’m picking my Covenant based on every aspect of it. Cosmetics, lore, abilities, etc… But what I don’t want to pick between is what is just factually best.

Hush now. You don’t want to anger the caretakers or they’ll put you in isolation again :zipper_mouth_face:

No, and you make a good point. Right now my essences and corruptions change when I change specs.

Can you stop now? Your conversation has devolved into insulting another person just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Same here. I stated earlier that my concern as a player who does both PvE and PvP that I will be optimal in one, and sub-optimal in another. That might be something I’ll have to deal with in-game, but hopefully Blizzard balances it as much as they can.

1 Like

Caretakers? Are you seriously doing this? Wow you’re pathetic. If you don’t have anything important or relevant to say, don’t say anything.

I’m assuming that is sarcasm since nobody ever asks that. Corruption/essences are different because there are tons of different combinations that when paired with your spec, can produce similar DPS. With covenants, you either have the right one or you don’t.

Ignore, he is trying best to rile you up.

I don’t necessarily think the game should be designed around the 1% going for World First / Top Rankings.

But I also think Blizzard should take into account how pug culture functions, since thats how most people will see content above Heroic Dungeons and LFR. Pug culture isn’t going to change just because they’ve implemented a choice like this, and it’s going to result in many people choosing covenants for their story or aesthetics being kicked or left out of groups for higher levels of certain types of content.

I feel like at LEAST the story choice needs to be separated from the power choice, even if the power choice is still hard to change, resulting in you being “specialized” to certain situations because of the ability you get.

But it’s probably already too late for that. Blizzard doesn’t show us stuff in a stage they’re willing to make actual changes in.

Personal insults tend to fly when you’ve lost the argument. Just sayin.

Tbh the content could be cleared with no essences…

It’s probably a mix, and it goes beyond essences and corruption.

It’s class
It’s spec
It’s every item and stat allocation.
It’s every trait
It’s every trinket
It’s every talent

It’s a mix of some being best and some not.

And some are so situational they can be the “best” for situation A and not as good for situation B which are both present in the same run.

Serious question, do you honestly think that people with a high IO score and a sub-optimal covenant will get booted to the side over some mouth breather with a lower IO but optimal Covenant choice?

1 Like

He’s not riling me up. It’s just extremely funny and jarring to see how fast this dude gave up. I’m trying to see if they can even try to rebuttal, but it seems unlikely.

Are you saying I’m the one insulting here? Because if you watch the conversation this person never tried to argue the point and instead derailed and threw insults.

Pretty sure 19s cannot be cleared on time without essences.

Like up to a point sure you can clear content, but eventually content is not clearable.

It was sarcasm of course because it doesn’t happen.

I still want venthyr changes to a travel not a port to really make sure it’s not so cheesy in mythic+, but after that it’s really not going to end up mattering.

Pugs don’t check your talents, essences, or corruptions now, which make up a sizable chunk of your damage. Why would they care about covenants?

The irony is I treated him exactly how he deserved. He got outplayed and got so butthurt he resorted to exactly what he accused me of. I never once directly attacked him like he did me. Teehee. I love outplaying some of these peeps.

See response below. He just can’t stop :rofl:

I won’t be responding to any more of his bait. I know it’ll infuriate him even more if I don’t. :rofl:

You never outplayed me. You never even argued. I knew what you were doing from the start. I was trying to actually have a conversation with you though. Instead you acted like a kid.

Yep, so I hope you like Vesper Totem as Enhance, or Fae Tranfusion as Resto, or Primordial Wave as Enhance, etc. This is a problem for Covenant spells for many classes, really. Some of them (Primordial Wave on Ele for example) are way better than others.