Dratnos' Big Shadowlands Fear

Covenants might be silly, might be great, will know when I’m a streamer or influencer :face_vomiting: of sufficient size that I get a preferential invitation.

In the meantime though god damn am I sick of hearing what Method thinks about anything, ever.

eSports RPG :boom: :poop:

I have a crazy idea: different people enjoy different things. Catering a major expansion feature to the group that doesn’t care isn’t a good idea.

1 Like

A lot of people are negatively impacted for reasons. And mostly they are told suck it up and do it. It’s the way Blizzard has made the game, Play it and enjoy it or go somewhere else.

That’s basically what I have been told about the cloak and alts, I did the cloak line 29 times so I can use gear on alts. So do it or not that’s the choice everyone has. All you hear anymore is I want choices that matter as long as they don’t. Well can’t have it both ways.

This is another major issue.

When you actually watch mythic+ and arena pvp, you will see many players always using the same class and spec no matter what. That’s just their thing they are one trick ponies and they have no interest or ability to learn a whole new class and spec, some players can multi-spec, but some don’t.

I had suspicions for a very long time in BfA that tank specs were actually secretly op in PvP and nobody really knew about it because all the veterans were so accustomed to tanks just being unfeasible in PvP. Nobody would ever seriously think about trying to play a tank spec in PvP, they were designed to be severely handicapped and have their defensive capability nerfed in PvP. That has significantly changed in BfA and now I think you could seriously see some very creative and powerful team comps using tank specs. The problem is so many of the best PvP players in the world are just soooooo used to playing their healer or dps main, they wouldn’t have the mechanical skill or the self-confidence to just pick up tanking and learn all the nuances of their tank spec and how to utilize that in PvP.

Same thing with mythic+ but not as much because mythic+ always has all 3 roles in every team, tank heal and dps. Therefore it’s a lot harder for any specific class or spec to fall under the radar in the mythic+ community because chances are there are some pros out there who are very familiar with any class or spec in the game and could easily start using it if it suddenly became viable in mythic+.

Well hes right about one thing.

It will be broken in 9.1, 9.2 and fixed in 9.3 when they replace it with a new system.

That’s just how the last two expansions have been. Blizzard have proven time and time again they can’t balance borrowed power systems.

2 Likes

Which is weird, because Shadowmeld is a 2 minute CD and lets you skip trash without costing you any major amount of DPS, enabling you to do skips you otherwise wouldn’t be able to do. The simple fact of the matter is that the PUG criteria for inclusion/exclusion is arbitrary, based on whatever politically-motivated misinformation has been spewed by Preach, Asmongold, or Method. We don’t build games around the community being misinformed.

Ah, I see you are very disturbed. I’ll contact the people with the padded vans asap to haul you away. Do not fret. I hear they have delicious pudding cups! :yum:

And as such … I’ll choose the Covenants I want. I mean, I’m used to the nerf bat! Shamans have a reputation, well earned, of seeing the nerf bat more than the buff bot.

I like my Frost Mage, and for probably the majority of WoW’s life span its been seen as a pvp spec. But I endured and had fun with the character.

Nerfs come, Nerfs go, Buffs come, Buffs go.

I’m not going to sweat it one way or the other.

Do I want the Covenants balanced? YES.
Do I think they’re going to be anywhere near balanced? Considering some specs are going on 2+ expansions in a bad state … no.

:roll_eyes:

You prefer yoghurt? That can be arranged…

I would never do that, it would be impolite.

(gives Gaunterr a cookie)

:cookie:

2 Likes

It’s being punitive for the sake of punitive with the excuse of “meaningful choices”.

Lmfao why did this make me laugh so much

Do you have a point? Or are you just going to keep doing this?

Someday sir I wish to play with you in the game. Do a dungeon or old raid :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find it odd that they’d be willing to lose so many subs to this design.

Well that’s hypothetical. Most MDI teams go Alliance usually for Nelf racial, yet a lot of high rated PUGs don’t require you to be a Nelf in order to join on alliance. You are right, it does add another layer to all of this, but whether or not that layer will lead to people getting declined for groups is purely hypothetical. Race was a layer not deemed to be substantial enough to be declined from PUGs and we don’t know if Covenants will be that way until people test them.

1 Like

The point is if you don’t like pudding or yoghurt, I’m not sure what we’ll be able to give you :frowning:

Keep dodging.

(blushes) Are you sure? I ran SSC today as I will be forever farming mogs from BC and fell into the water. Twice. I am a klutz lol.

:cookie: