Dratnos' Big Shadowlands Fear

And that’s cool, but you can take your choice and play as best as you possibly can with it. Nothing wrong with that either.

It punishes me because it makes an exciting and interesting system into something boring and toothless, because people can’t handle a world where some folks are different.

Would the whole Aldor vs Scryer thing in BC have been at all interesting if they just sold the same items?

1 Like

Sorry, It punishes you by allowing you to pick 3 other abilities on tap where as you’d be locked into one?

The system is still there, you can still choose to stick with one talent if that’s the way you play.

Can’t help but laugh at your idea of a punishment actually.

It’s like if you booked a table at a diner who said they’d only be offering garlic bread, then you get there and they announce actually you can choose between Spaghetti, Watermlon, Chips or Garlic bread then having a cry because you’ve been punished, I wanted everyone to have garlic bread!

not worried about Method worrying.

I agree. And it would be miserable if you couldn’t change between your talents that you take for raid and talents for keys to atleast let you customise your character to the content you are going to do.

I don’t know holy well sorry or I would give examples.

It would be like if I was stuck with flourish in the last talent row which is great for raiding and ramping but not really the play in keys where I want photosynthesis

If they’re going to do that, then they might as well just scrap the entire system and turn them into four reps to grind. Everyone gets everything, no one feels “suboptimal”, and supposedly everyone is happy.

1 Like

Hey see, you do get what everyone is hoping for.

Good for you sport, you got there in the end.

No I mean the theory crafting and planning and sitting in discord discussing ways to alter characters I enjoy. I cant do that when I made a choice week 2 of the expac and am stuck with it.

1 Like

TBF, the whole Aldor vs. Scryer’s thing wasn’t even interesting in it’s implementation regardless.

We already know what they’re going to do, and it’s not talents. They’ve already said their plan.

Anyone who brings up Aldor vs Scryer didn’t play BC because Scryer was miles ahead in popularity across the entire game.

Aldor was weak potatos.

Plans change.

Account bound essences, Corruption Vendor.

Nope -they actually realize that it impacts players beyond the 1%.

But talents would make no sense, you’d still have to allow full switching of covenants based on Soul binds alone.

So you just keep everything together and allow covenant switching.

They also said no azerite vendor in 8.0

They also said no account wide essences in 8.2

They also said no corruption vendor in 8.3

Im just wanting them to skip to the part where they fix it instead of waiting 6 months first this time.

1 Like

This is what is hilarious, who do people think write the guides on Icyveins and class discords? LFR Raiders?

A huge majority of people will flock to Icyveins when returning to the game or beginning to play the game and get to the inevitable section that will be:

Covenants
For raiding, your best covenant will be X
For Arenas, you may pick between Y and Z, with Z being slightly more offensive
For M+ you want K

1 Like

It still sparked a lot of debate, and it still instilled pride into people for their choices. I chose Aldor because I liked the idea of an orc aligned with a group of draenei. Remember the terms “Aldorks” and “Scrybabies”? People took their choice seriously, and I am looking forward to a return to that.

I can only hope Blizzard doesn’t cave in on this one.

They’re planning on just allowing covenant switching to be easy, it’s a good way to do it.

No actually it didn’t, if you didn’t pick Scryer you were laughed at.

Which is why people are complaining now so they have time to fix it.
Idc if it’s separating the powers from the covenants or letting us get exalted with one then start on the next or something I haven’t thought of. It would be hard to be worse than what they are proposing atm Imo.

1 Like

There’s a lot of things that would be worse.

Making everything just carbon copies of each other would probably be only slightly worse than just removing the whole thing.

1 Like

How easy? I may be out of date.

Can I finish raid then swap to do keys with my friends? Because if not then it’s not easy enough.