Dratnos' Big Shadowlands Fear

I don’t. Just because one side is better doesn’t mean its impossible for the other.

The only thing I’m worried about is being locked out of limited time rewards because I picked the wrong one.

If stuff is tuned so tightly that the stuff being removed becomes impossible to get a group for, that’s going to force even more casual players to be forced into min-maxing.

I like making choices. I like having them matter.
I also like doing semi-hardcore content when I have the time, and this playerbase has an obsession with min-maxing where it isn’t needed, and Blizzard is aware of this and is going forwards anyways.

I do M+, Raids, and PvP - albeit more casually now.
Can’t wait to be declined non-stop in pugs in one of those because oops wrong covenant, and I have a job so I don’t have time to gear and maintain 4 warriors.

I didn’t say Horde is much better for Mythic+. I only said Shadowmeld isn’t that great.

I don’t think it’s a case of Method not knowing what’s up but rather that a group of very hardcore min/maxers doesn’t really represent what’s necessarily best for the game as a whole.

As I pointed out I still think the covenants are badly designed, but I also think it’s harmful to the game to let us be able to respec so much that it’s commonplace to respec for each individual boss fight.

It undermines the choice and makes it more about just picking whatever is optimal from moment to moment rather than weighing the pros and cons of each choice.

1 Like

But, you said sub-optimal was unplayable, so by your logic Alliance would be unplayable because it is the sub-optimal faction, which you proved to me.

Alright, I guess I’m going to have to be the one to say it.

These abilities would be LESS detrimental to the game if they were just throughput options you could optimize, like Incanter’s Flow vs Rune of Power.

Major utility/survivability options do not give you a choice like that. I can pick Incanter’s Flow because I’m a casual player and am never in a situation to get killed by a boss enraging at 1% health. But this is more like a talent tier containing something like Angelic Feather. You always take Angelic Feather no matter what level you’re playing at.

3 Likes

There is simple solution to this that will allow Blizzard to keep the idea of covenant loyalty and allow some flexibility. Instead of trying to create on ability for each class, create one for each role and allow the player to switch them when they switch roles.

1 Like

Except I play different builds in raids compared to what I do in PvP on the same spec.

Expect they are either DPS, Tank or Healing. I mean if you managed to treat a new build type…

No, I didn’t say that either.

Then dont design it around them. Design it around the hundreds of thousands of normal guilds that also do not want this malarkey

2 Likes

You think you don’t (because Preach told you you don’t), but you do.

Amazing, you wrote so much but didnt say anything

:thinking:

4 Likes

Why is it important that we make choices that will limit us to only a subset of the available content, especially when we all know Blizzard is going to force us to grind multiple forms of content including the stuff we’re gimped on anyway?

13 words = too much reading? No wonder you fear Covenants.

What exactly are we grinding? No warforging, no infinite power progression grind… what are you talking about again?

I see you’re stripping out the part I didn’t say:

Why don’t you just admit that you’re wrong?

It will affects me a waaayyy more than 1%. It doesnt affect only to the world first races.

They’re mad because someone called them bad?

Because I’m not wrong, I’m arguing with someone who has never done any high level content in their life preaching about how something that is sub-optimal is unplayable.

I always hate bringing this up, but you have 0 AotCs, no Arena experience, and you are sitting here spewing nonsense about how something that is sub-optimal will exclude you from doing so much content within the game. That is so false for 99% of the player base. Maybe complete a heroic raid before you worry about min maxing for your World First push in Shadowlands.