Dratnos' Big Shadowlands Fear

Pointing to bleeding edge .01%'ers is not an effective way to convince people of your position.

Nobody has simmed anything dude. Preach just doesn’t like the system so he invented the “Venthyr boogie man” to scare the community into putting pressure on Blizzard for him. His bro he has on his videos has even tried to walk his statements back a bit because he doesn’t want to get caught in the cross-fire when Preach is proven wrong. It’s a total fabrication but the community ate it up.

It’s worth saying that Blizzard literally told him that the system is not complete and to not put out content discussing it, and yet Preach did anyways because he’s a **** who wants to pressure Blizzard. Seems unlikely he’ll get another interview after that stunt.

And I didn’t say preach = 100% right.

However some abilities are mechanically better than others.

Then I suppose blizzard nerfs some abilities to the ground then forcing them to be useless. Which they historically have a habit of doing.

I just think given their current designs that this is going to be messy and not fun process where you are either in a bad spot and end up after 3 patches in a good spot, but it’s too late by then. Or you’re in a good spot and blizzard decides you had enough time in the sun now get back into the cave.

2 Likes

Honest question here. Have you ever done Mythic/old heroic progression raiding? Because of all the things to complain about, saying that Door of Shadows is just hype is… a lot.

1 Like

The people checking essences have a lot of overlap with the people checking Raider IO scores. It happens, not every time, but it happens.

But more than that, consider what someone who grabs an AoE-centric covenant ability will look like on the meters on, say, a fight like Maut. They’re going to be competing with people who focused on Raiding and chose Single Target covenants/abilities. Now that player is more likely to be kicked unless they’re playing better than average, because they’re at a disadvantage due to their choice.

1 Like

Who’s opinion should be taken seriously

– Preach

– Asmongold.

:sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s pretty pathetic :rofl:

Have we seen all of the raid bosses yet? Or are we just still speculating about what might be the best here? Just curious. Like I’m curious to know if in this raid, on boss 3, you HAVE to be X covenant or you won’t progress. If that is true, then I completed agree the system is broken. Especially if that holds true for every single boss all the way through the expansion. That would be super dumb I agree.

If it’s just a marginal advantage in a few niche cases, then it won’t matter to me at least. I’m not super convinced people will be blacklisted for picking a certain covenant. Maybe. shrug

I personally still don’t know why they just didn’t make the covenants the usual factions. Rep them up, maybe you get a cool trinket or something with those “signature abilities”, and maybe you can only use them or access their vendors a certain way. I dunno.

Part of me is ready for SL to be over and done with already so we can stop arguing about this.

Sure am looking forward to 1 of every 4 players having the same stupidly overdesigned back piece though so… bravo I guess.

Ermagerd Bern Wings!!

Not the guy you are replying to but I did Mythic progression raiding in 8.0 as a Shadow Priest, was able to get AotC but not CE (guild ended up breaking up). I don’t think that the ability is all hype like the other guy said, BUT insinuating that people won’t get chosen based on Covenant choice is purely hypothetical, considering I was able to find a progression guild that took the worst DPS class at the time that patch.

Raider io is automatic. You see people’s score when they queue. It’s not nearly the same as questioning their borrowed powers. It doesn’t happen.

This happens now. I have to choose between AoE and ST azerite, essences, and corruptions. The person with IS will do better on Maut. Big whup? You’ll catch up on trash or the majority of bosses that have cleave.

1 Like

WHo cares? Its Method. Theyre self serving and dont care about the other players.

The question the OP was based on isn’t quite that. Allegedly, it’s World First type players concerned that they’re going to have to keep several Covenant alts because there will be a Boss X, somewhere, where Kyrian is substantially better than Venthyr or what have you. And the World First mentality requires that they have to be prepared for that.

This isn’t really an issue for anyone not in a World First-type guild, of course, but that’s what this was about until it derailed (a lot).

Don’t worry, blizzard will correct the game for 0,01% of playerbase because of world firsts and mdi

Well Preach. He knows what he’s talking about. He even made really good points when he discussed the problem with the system.

You can’t design a boss around the 50% dmg shield because not everyone will have it. So they won’t. But a teleport like Door of Shadows is a completely different animal. Because what will happen is it will cause people do start wanting everyone to have the Venthyr ability to trivialize problems and outright avoid them

A damage shield and teleport are completely different abilities. It’s also why I think they should go back to the original iteration of the Covenant Signature Abilities.

4 Likes

It derailed because people think that they need to have the mentality of the best raiders in the world when they are trying to do their weekly 15, or push for AotC. The community’s perception of what they need for the respective difficulty of the content they are doing is so skewed it’s comical.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not really super concerned about pugs checking for certain covenants either. More just amused that people think that the Venthyr teleport (which I personally think will never make it to Live) isn’t absurdly more powerful than other covenant spells like the health potion.

Lol if you think a 35m blink will allow you to skip packs. Good luck with that. Most groups have a guy who messes up the shroud.

What was the original iteration? I’m out of the loop on that one.

But it will, and already has.

Is that your best excuse?