Drakonid/Dragonspawn Are Hilariously Problematic, and It Didn't Have To Be This Way

He did have that army by the end of it.
Jesus wept.

And Mal’ganis ultimately lost control of the Scourge and the Legion got tricked/outsmarted by Arthas/The Lich King.

Okay? But arthas didn’t stop malganis from getting an army out of Stratholme, which your argument proclaimed.

Thats…what they gave us? The whole point is to showcase that this was an issue. We even have a questline that allows players to engage with it and solve it.

1 Like

He did. Hence why we did not get a game over because Mal’ganis did not get an army and ultimately feel into Ner’zhul’s trap.

No? Not getting a game over doesn’t mean malganis didn’t succeed.
That is the dumbest argument I’ve read in a while, and Benny’s been defending Calia.

But he didnt. Mal’ganis(at least Warcraft 3 Mal’ganis) wanted a compliant Arthas, what he got was one that “killed” him and ultimately caused the defeat of the Legion.

Well he had two goals, two corrupt destroy lordearon and corrupt arthas, it was your standard no win scenario.

Us not completing the goals of the mission basically leads to all of lordearon still being destroyed.

Though I Suppose now with Chromie breaking the rules and changing the time line to save Nozdormu, nothing says we can’t go back to that scenario and save arthas or stop the horde coming to Azeroth or even stopping thrall escaping durnhold.

I don’t see why saving Nozdormu is more important than saving the lives of all the others that died due to those events.

Blizzard technically wrote themselves a reason why we can’t change time. At least not up to a certain point. Basically, if we had altered time at all, the Hour of Twilight would have happened. Meaning changes to time up to at least Deathwing’s defeat means we all die.

Which for all we know now was probably all rubbish considering how the future is apparently not a fixed outcome as we are not bound by fate. So we can change what ever we want and so long as we work hard enough we can still prevent that outcome.

Maybe, maybe not. Look, I am sure there are timelines there were certain things turn out “right” and other “wrong”. Having said that, Azeroth’s timeline is probably designed so we are more likely to get “wrong/worse” timelines more often then good ones.

Its funny how we have been killing the Infinites for simply trying to prevent some of these events. Even killing Murzond even though it doesn’t necessarily end the world all because the Bronze don’t like those changes cause its outside the main time line they can’t predict.

Even now chromie has us do horrendous things in the past even though she was the one who broke that time line as well.

Its such a terrible double standard.

It would have been better to have the bronzes protect the timeline because its the best outcome and it required a noble sacrifice by nozdormu. Rather than them breaking the one rule they have had since their inception into the game which breaks all other stories around it.

Honestly having the Aspects all pass on their duties to the next generation of dragons would have been a better story. Hell it doens’t even have to be dragons a Draknoid or god forbid a dracthyr would have been a good progression.

End game doesn’t matter.
You stated malganis didn’t succeed because he didn’t get an army out of Stratholme.
You were wrong, so now you’re moving the goalpost saying dumb spit about game over screens.

I think you missed a lot of this thread, and parts of my OP because as several people have said several times: the problem is that they’re BAD at addressing this stuff.

3 Likes

Blizzard should just stay far away from trying to tie anything going on in game to any current polictical situation. Their focus has to be foremost on entertaining us not trying to sway to player base to a political ideology. Stories can still have a message, but we need to be entertained enough to pay attention to it.

Good messages in stories are earned through good writing and build up. not a forced into one sidequest and then forgotten about. They also can’t have horrible contradictions with the rest of the story.

Which he did not. As Beta said, it was a lose lose for Arthas which also turn out to lead to Mal’ganis ultimately losing as well.

Our “game over” being a preverbial us losing anyway because Mal’ganis gets an army in EK and likely wipes all of us out.

Reading most of the arguments here makes me wonder… have you nothing better to do?

On a serious note, yeah you want a more mature and political story, a better setting and look blizzard already tried that with BFA and the “game of thrones” tone for the game, we all know how well that ended…

And they learned their lesson, wow is a game first, they have metas to achiev, games to sell, its their JOB, if they fail to achiev the bar at the end of X amount of time, they get fired and replaced. So its totally comprehensive that after all the bad stuff with bfa and shadowlands they would chose to go to by safest way possible. And we got dragonflight
An expansion with the bare minimum of depth and only cool moments for the masses to cheer up and thats it.

And theres is nothing wrong with it. So hoping that blizzard will adress the drakonid situation is hopeless.

Yeah you can debate lore and all but try to remember that our world the real one does matter and as a company that is on a process of being bought by Microsoft will play their cards safe, that means topics like slavery, mindcontrol, cult of adorations or anything other than good vs evil are not good at this time and moment.

Otherwise the team handling the story right now either can’t do what they want or they are incapable of writing a story with what they have.
Money to pay someone to tied everything they have just like square enix do with 14, but for some unknow reason wow players are never satisfied with what they got.

I read every thing I still don’t feel like it’s tone deaf and i think they did an ok job at addressing the issue.
The outcome has the Dragons understand the plight of the Draknoids and the Draknoids are given the freedom they want.

In what fathomable way was BFA a “mature” story?

Local Abuse Allegory Genocide And S Word Survivor Zombie Elf written into a hole by commanding a genocide whose internal monologue was retcon’d not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES in the span of two years is a “mature” and “political” story to you?

10 Likes

You know Game of Thrones isn’t the only other fantasy story that exists, right? That there’s a middle ground between the two? That there are plenty of lighthearted fantasy worlds that are still well written and thought out? What a silly comparison.

Seriously, we keep treading the same ground in this thread and we’ve already dismissed all these kinds of arguments. You’re like the third person who’s been shot down after saying something like this.

What a reductive way to look at this. Yawn.

2 Likes