Drakonid/Dragonspawn Are Hilariously Problematic, and It Didn't Have To Be This Way

Alright, now that I can finally post again, I have a lot to say.

This wasn’t just in the RPG. This was from an old tweet by Sean Copeland.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Archive_lore_tweets_from_loreology

July 10, 2014 – “@Loreology Dragonmen = Drakonids? To create dragonmen without Nefarian’s influence possible?” “Metzen has ruled that they are separate races from the dragon race. They became dragonspawn and drakonid thanks to the dragons they served (via intentional alteration or via “unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons”).”

Now, as we now know from the tweets I linked several times now, many of which are from Copeland’s wife, Blizz has no internal canon that they need to follow. Writers just do whatever they want.

Now, the issues with Dragonkin themselves, I agree with pretty much everything you said. This topic has discussed ad nauseum here. Idk what else to add, other than that Blizz has never handled slavery well.

For example, I recently learned about this quest.

And in Storm Peaks, they make you put down a slave rebellion and think nothing of it. It’s disgusting honestly.

I mean, maybe they’ve learned a little since then, but not much.

So, that’s what I wanted to say.

P.S. The people here complaining about politics are not worth a single second of anyone’s time, trust me.

2 Likes