Dragonwrath acquisition time 10m raids

The acquisition times were already made faster. Are you suggesting a further buff? In the original Cataclysm, it took three months to complete the staff, even with a 7/7H 25-man clear. This time, it’s projected to take 4-6 weeks for a 25-man, whether it’s heroic or normal, and 9-12 weeks for a 10-man, which is quicker than it arguably should be. If we were to maintain a standard 2.5x ratio, a 10-man should take 10-15 weeks to be on par with a 25-man.

You already play the easy version of The raid so who really cares

1 Like

Yes, the original patch for FL was 8 months (scratch that looked at the wrong release date - was still like 5 months similar to what we’re looking) Even yet, still would be faster and not the same.

Cata Classic was said to be a faster form of Cata Retail - they don’t need to repeat the same mistakes twice of long drawn out patches with little to do. Let ppl play and have fun in a faster version.

I know you’re trying to apply logic and calculation to map out how it needs to be fair and similar to the originals. It doesn’t. It can be fair and fun just the same without those self-imposed needs. Both of these options are more fun than raiding longer with the same bosses “just because”.

1 Like

If 10 and 25 are to be treated the same, then staff progression needs to be the same. Heroic is Heroic timing and normal is normal timing- this insane gap will kill 10 man players who want the staff in a reasonable timeframe before DS.

Also, we’re playing this content through a second time- it’s TOTALLY FINE for everything to be faster and more fun. Using excuses for what it used to be, when the phase has already been shortened and should be shortened further- just misses the point about re-playing these old expansions.

1 Like

Will note, I raid in a 10 man 13/13H and a 25 man 13/13H - and will do FL with 7/7H the same. My point is just make it more fun for ppl and stop arguing semantics.

1 Like

Actually, the Firelands 4.2 patch was released on June 28, 2011, and the Dragon Soul raid was launched on November 29, 2011, which is approximately five months apart, not eight.

It would be illogical for 25-man guilds not to exploit the system by running three 10-man groups to obtain the staff for all their casters if it took the same amount of time as in a 25-man group. Once accomplished, they would simply switch back to the 25-man format.

10m is already the easy version of the raid and now you want more staffs than 25m?

Yes I updated the length of this in the post about 20 seconds after I typed it.

If this is a faster version of the game, then it should be faster. You’re still focused on semantics and not the point. People want to have fun in a faster version of the game.

Don’t add troll posts just for trolling. Your statement has legit zero to do with what you replied to nor any other post I made throughout this thread.

This is what I want, or something in this vein:

I’m highlighting the facts: no 25-man guild would opt for 25-man runs if 10-man groups could craft the staff in the same timeframe. These guilds would simply organize three or more 10-man runs, craft the staves for all their casters, and then revert to 25-man raids. Choosing to run 10-man raids doesn’t mean you should receive special treatment. It’s already problematic that Blizzard accelerated the process more than necessary. It should take 10-man groups 2.5 times longer to craft the staff than 25-man groups, as there are 2.5 times more players and, on average, three times more casters in a 25-man group. Why should 10-man groups get special treatment for opting for less challenging content?

Blizz already sped up the rate at which staffs are made there is a 3x increase drop rate from bosses!!! Why do you want it sped up even more?

And that top paragraph is meaningless to me. Don’t @ me on that because that Isn’t anything that I’m talking about, nor was it in the OP’s original post.

To the second part, yes they did - and they can increase it further and no one would be sad. Why do you want to argue what needs to be that’s arbitrarily set up? Just let ppl discuss what it could be and let them vote on their interest in those options and let blizzard see that information… It’s not even an argument, it’s simply feedback to Blue - not you.

Let me tldr that: “Yes, I want it faster - because many people would enjoy it more.”
Is that clear enough?

No thanks. These staves negatively affect PvP. The more plentiful they are, the worse PvP gets. I hope they’re super, super rare and hard to acquire.

I appreciate your feedback to the actual post =)

It’s true, I haven’t looked at/thought of impact on pvp as I don’t have any guildies/friends that still pvp in cata.

1 Like

It’s a PvE game, not a PvP game, if there’s some imbalance because of a legendary PvE item in PvP then the devs should give it different stats/effects when in a PVP environment.

I’m sure they could do it if they wanted, but they wont.

Can’t cater to PvP on this when it’s not the focus of the game.

PvP is an after thought in a PvE based game.

This is the same argument people who dont want to buff feral druids give. blah blah blah PvP blah blah blah feral dont need a buff in pve blah blah blah.

100%

PvP is the only thing Cata got right.

Until the staves.