Dragonriding, so fun I want to smash my keyboard

pathfinder is not coming in. this is all the flying your getting from now on.

That would be nice.

Blizz developers at their drunk launch party: dragonflying can compete with forza horizon as an open world vehicle game :dracthyr_tea:

2 Likes

Once you get all the glyphs it goes a lot smoother. I never have to wait for vigor to recharge now. Most of the time it recharges while I’m flying. Just had to get used to flying at high speeds. And the talent that increases recharge rate when killing mobs or the other one when harvesting helps too. And it should get easier when you unlock all the abilities by unlocking the other core drakes.

1 Like

Really going to need you to post reference here. Citation? Quotes? Links? Have not seen anything beyond that Dragonriding is the flying for the DragonIsles. Never anything about previous expansions and their exclusive zones.

So do please reference where you found this, point out the article, the twitter feed. Else you’re simply trolling with fearmongering

7 Likes

Skill Issue

3 Likes

I feel like so many people complaining about dragon riding don’t actually want to play a video game. Dragon riding is the most video gamey-feature we’ve gotten in so long and breathes so much new life into the game’s exploration and open world traversal. I genuinely don’t know how anyone could hate it unless they just don’t want to play a video game.

11 Likes

Eminently, you just need to manage your vigor and angle of decline.
Could probably get all the glyphs across the isles in one go if you put your mind to it, but until I’ve found them all myself I can’t say for certain, since some might be in particularly hard to navigate spaces.

1 Like

I warned people about this.

Now imagine doing this for many days, weeks and months.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

8 Likes

Maybe…its time you found an easier game, grandpa.

1 Like

Indeed it was overhyped beyond belief.

Apparently Druids and Dracthyr forgot how to fly.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

6 Likes

Honestly, that sounds amazing. It’s the thought to normal flying after this that makes me sad.

I do support the right to choose, and so I support keeping both around. When it comes to which I prefer though, it’s dragonriding hands down.

2 Likes

The trick is to climb up gradually so to speak. Trying to do it all in one fell swoop (pun very intended) will continuously be a failure.

Spend your vigor wisely and get the regen on ground and during your dive things as early as possible.

1 Like

They could just make make the glyphs only unlock if you’re on a DR mount.

Blizz just needed to force everyone to use the new system they invested so much resources into.

I haven’t had the chance to log into the game yet, and may not for a short while yet, but I have a question about this dragon riding:

is the mechanic the same/similar to the flying (with a 3 minute cooldown) that Dracthyr have when they do their opening zone on new characters?

It’s the same flying style but there’s no 3 minute cooldown. There is a resource-based system you have to utilize, though.

1 Like

give this guy his tricycle , he deserves it

I DCed 4 times on that mountain :rofl: Whenever I failed and landed on it’s sides, back to the login screen.

Hardmode engaged

Are you not entertained by the skills needed?

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

for those of us with disablilites ie. eyesight issues the flying quests are for some of us, undoable. sad they locked new characters behind this, the only way i could even get to play one was by having my husband do the flying quests. i was lucky to have someone around who could…why would they put something into a game and make it undoable for part of the population?

5 Likes