Dragonriding Is A Terrible Idea

No thanks. I want DF for the entire world. You can reach incredible speeds on the DF model whereas classic flight is static and offers no gameplay whatsoever.

It gets weird with mechanicals like the gyrocopter but I think it can work. It just needs more imagination is all. I also want mechanical wings for all the ground mounts that currently cannot fly.

No its not…

2 Likes

yes, it is…

2 Likes

I love it. I’m sorry that you do not.

I need to get better at it but I think it’s a blast.

2 Likes

it does some things better and some things worse so neither is objectively better just depends on individual priorities.

Actually kind of a hilarious post. Collected 3 glyphs, selected 1 talent upgrade and then proceeded to collect every glyph of every zone without landing for a straight 40 minutes.

Just get better at the mechanic and youll have a better time playing, it works fine baseline and works even better with the glyph upgrades.

1 Like

So, I have maxed out Dragonriding, and it is BY FAR better than normal flying. Not only do you go 2x-3x faster than a regular epic flying mount, but you actually get to have a bit of fun with flying.

4 Likes

Normal flying is more reliable and safe so it really depends on if you value speed or convenience. That aside, normal flying also works better for some people with motion sickness or disabilities.

12 Likes

This is a very valid point now that you bring it up.

2 Likes

Or, you could just be wrong. Honestly. Sure it’s less convenient, but it also feels like I’m actually playing a game instead of using a cheat code to break it.

I don’t really care about dragonriding one way or another. It’s fine, I guess.

Though, anyone who’s ever paid cash money for a mount from the shop has a right to be pretty upset.

3 Likes

Wait, what

I’ll take “things that didn’t happen” for $1,000,000,000,000, Alex.

The glyphs aka dragonriding talents. I pop onto a fresh 60, zone into a DF zone and am able to rocket around just as quickly as I do on my main char.

Keep in mind that points aren’t distributed on alts, so you’ll have to spend 30 seconds clicking through confirmations for all of them, but that’s pretty quick and easy.

2 Likes

Youre welcome to add my btag and ill do it all over again on another server. Anyone whos played GW2 and uses a gryphon on it would be capable of doing it, gryphon being much harder to use in GW2.

Literuly#1335

Edit; In fact, lets put gold on it. 100k if i do it with the 3 glyph upgrade.

1 Like

They aren’t exaggerating.

Get Handynotes and the plugin for the Dragonriding Glyphs. I hardly ever touched the ground collecting them all.

2 Likes

Exact same thing i did, HandyNotes + DragonGlyph plugin.

With just one upgrade? LOL. “Hardly ever” I can buy. “Never” is a straight up lie.

I’m sure you you write well and are very clever, but I know how these things go. When people link long-winded posts, those posts are never actually worth reading. I’m sure you think it’s coming from a good place, however you’re probably really doing it to be patronizing.

I finally found a work around for that last ring. I’m now using dragonflying to get around and I still hate it.

My btag is in the post above, I would like to bet gold on it. Would you?

1 Like