Dragonriding Abilities disappear from action bar after every log out

I am having the same issue on my druid. Don’t know if my alts experience the same issue since I have only been playing my druid (main) so far. I also didn’t have the abilities auto added to my bar when I unlocked dragonriding. I also noticed they were not on my actionbars anymore when I entered the dungeon where you have to fly… I had just put them on my bar before entering.

Also have the issue. They were missing from the get go and are gone every time i login.

The same thing happens to me on my Pandaren monk, but not on my Void Elf death knight. I have to either put the abilities back on my bar, or switch specs and switch back to get them to reappear. I’ve tried lots of things from disabling all my addons to remaking all of my specs with no luck. Hoping for a fix soon.

Abilities reset after every log and titles disappear when just playing the game and after logging back in.

Same is happening to me. I even went through all the dragonriding training quests seeing if it would ‘unlock’ them, but nope. I haven’t found a way to get them added in a manner they stick yet, but my dracthyr character is just fine.

1 Like

PSA: For all that are affected by this bug, if you macro the skills on to your bars, and because it’s not the ability it stays on the bars. I have tested and this works for me.

Edit: The bug, and my workaround are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT5wG6nBsNs

12 Likes

Happening to me too.

The workaround is to create macro keys that casts the Dragon Riding abilities then stick those on your action bar.

4 Likes

Thank you for this!

1 Like

Same thing happens to me, very frequently - When I log, when I change specs, key binds can also go. Constantly having to re-pull them out.

Still happening on the main character that unlocked Dragonriding. Alts are fine.

Same thing happening here.

Me too on my main Druid toon. I had to also manually put the spells on my bar when i got dragon riding

I’ve found the solution to my problem.

I was using the AdvancedInterfaceOptions addon and under the cvar browser the option “AutoPushSpellToActionBar” was set to 0 (default is 1).

After setting this back to 1, I readded the dragon riding spells to the action bar and now they stay there like they should. No more losing them from the dragon riding action bar when logging out, etc.

If you’d like to check what yours is set too:
/dump GetCVar(“AutoPushSpellToActionBar”)

To change it back to default:
/console AutoPushSpellToActionBar 1

Hopes this helps someone.

7 Likes

This is happening on several of my lower level characters. My main and a couple of my lower levels are fine.

Yes this is happening to me as well, specifically to my 2 characters that I leveled in Exile’s Reach during Pre-Patch.

A temporary solution is to make a macro for each skill:
#showtooltip
/cast Skyward Ascent

1 Like

You are onto something.

The character I have the issue with is a new character I leveled a few weeks before the pre patch (from lvl 1 to 60 through exile reach) I never used AdvancedInterfaceOptions on this specific alt, I went and activated the addon and used the cvar browser and it show that the option was last modified by “Interface\AddOns\Blizzard_NewPlayerExperience\Blizzard:TutorialSteps.lua:48”

So at least in my case, at some point in the exile reach campaign the option was turned off by the game.

Can confirm that this happens regularly for myself. No addons installed or have ever been installed.

I would also like to bump this. My hunter has to add it every log in more than 15 mins dc-ed.

He did do intro quests in waking shore but i did fly before completion.

As others have said every non dragon flight ability stays

I have the same issue. For my main the abilities completely disappear every time I log and for my alts they don’t disappear but get reset every time I log.