Dragonflight, worst expansion of all time?

Dragonflight is excellent, though. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

4 Likes

DF is a breathe of fresh air, too bad its plagued with a stupid amount of bugs and performance issues, thats gonna cause exodus.

7 Likes

Not as good as Legion but better than BFA. SL is the worst expansion ever. I would play WoD before I do the last expansion again

2 Likes

Wrath, Legion, and DF are currently the top 3 as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

The game is in a content lull until 8 days away. They really do not care because they know playing WoW makes you appreciate XIV more.

That’s a take :eyes:

I won’t say it’s the worst but I do think it’s deeply overrated. People act like it’s the best WoW expansion just because it had no competition. All the modern MMOs that compete with WoW didn’t come out until halfway through Wrath.

4 Likes

Oh, it was. Shadowlands was the first expansion to finally break me and make me quit on both accounts. DF on the other hand made me resub for the year.

2 Likes

Over nine thousand!

Excuse me, Cata was a revelation

Thousanddssss!!!

DF best expansion ever (so far)

1 Like

Cataclysm was pretty lame for most of its time (coming off the death of Arthas, why kill off your best villain?), the old world being completely replaced by those who created it was not taken very kindly by the fanbase. LFR arrived for Dragon Soul and helped it a bit, especially for us old raid veterans who were taking a break that had otherwise been raiding since 2005. I still see this as the weakest expansion.

Cata removed the talent trees which really upset a lot of people. Also lots of people complained of the difficulty of heroic dungeons. People also didnt like vashj’r or whatever.

Cata was not paticularly good, but I certainly dont believe it was the worst. I do recall many people quitting and complaining about it though.

I don’t really hate any expansion I’ve played in it’s entirety.

Though I’m one to simply quietly unsub for however long until I feel the itch again.

Loved TBC (I was still pretty new)

Loved Wrath, but got bored and stopped playing at the end.

Skipped Cata (no comment)

Skipped Pandas (no comment)

Skipped WoD until pre-patch of Legion, so it was fun for me… no content drought.

Loved Legion, still playing it on alts.

Hated BfA until the last patch.

Liked SL launch, hated Korthia, came back for ZM/SotFO.

DF is up in the air still, to early to cast judgement when we haven’t seen 2/3 of the game. But so far, so good for me. :man_shrugging:

This is a ghost pepper take. Why do you think this way?

1. Anything after Wrath was going to go over poorly. It was the John Adams of expansions relative to Wraths George Washington
  2. People complain about every expansion
  3. Cata had to do work. And people didnt like that. But the revamp was fun, the new zones were a blast.

Personally i loved it. New races, new combos. Cant lose.

This is why we can safely not take this post seriously. Just another exaggeration by someone looking for attention.

I thought Cata was really poorly implemented, but the zones, story, and atmosphere were excellent.

How do you mean?

That’s how I feel about Vanilla and TBC. I would go as far as to say Vanilla was bad. Is bad, even, I can’t stand vanilla classic.

SO…full discolsure, I completely left Wow right after MoP came out, due to the birth of my daughter, and haven’t been back until just before DF came out. As I just returned, I’ve had occasion to play all of the xpac’s (not all the way through, of course) with completely fresh eyes (with the exception of WotLK, already did that one).

Here’s where I shake out: Is DF the worst expansion? …to my experience, it’s a very tight race between SL and DF, as both are equally weak overall, but for slightly different reasons. I’ve still got alts going in each timeline, but it’s a brutal struggle to continue SL, and I simply can’t continue DF at all.

• SL story and starting quests…this thing is just a disjointed mess all around. Can’t even bring myself to have my toon continue this disaster.

• DF Crafting…is just a flat-out bust. Anyone can try and defend the DF crafting system, and you’re just not going to convince me that it’s anything more than maybe a good idea, that was extremely poorly thought out and implemented. Sorry, but that ship has sailed…and hit an iceberg.

• The return of the Trees. One of the things that always stuck in my craw was the original removal of the talent trees, so I’m very happy to see them return. That being said…the re-introduction of them seems haphazard. With all that time under review, I would think there would be a way to avoid a good amount of talents that really have no purpose in anything other than PvP, and even then…were minimally useful. The trees make me think that the folks designing and implementing them don’t actually play the game they’re working on. (Entirely possible they do, and I’m just doing it wrong, I’ll totally own that.)

• DF Dragonriding is fun…for about 10 minutes. Other than a nice diversionary mini-game, I can’t find a purpose to it other than clearing large swaths of the map in short periods of time…and that’s what flight masters and hearthstones are for.

Frankly so far, I find MoP very entertaining all around, and I’m really enjoying WoD and the Garrison angle. I truly wish that (from what I have read) the items that were intended for WoD had found their way into the actual game, and maybe some day that’d be added to an expansion. (Productive player housing, anyone?).

Anyway, that’s my 12 cents.

1 Like

I’ll give you this…after coming back from a very extended WoW vacation…it’s a tough slog, indeed. it’s like ice-skating uphill.

I think TBC was the weakest of the expansions - no surprise, it was the first - and I really don’t care for most aspects of classic. But I don’t think many people are saying TBC was great, when they do say Wrath was great. Wrath was greater than anything before it, but it had a long way to go!