Dragonflight Torghast Inclusion

Torghast, etc, were “failures” because they weren’t treated as actual content for solo players and small groups. Had they launched as an alternate means of leveling and gearing up instead of a pointless grind for borrowed power currency, they would have been much more successful.

1 Like

I just want to say that I found Torghast to be fun and hope to see something like it in the future.

1 Like

Please no after Torghast don’t trust them to be able to make such a feature without making it extremely inaccessible

1 Like

Dear Blizzard,

Please don’t abandon this idea. Did Torghast suck in Shadowlands? Yes… yes it did. Why did it suck though? It was bad because of the requirement for player power.

The powers themselves and later on the box-of-many-things made Torghast some of the most fun content to do in the game in my opinion.

I would love to see a Torghast-like system return to WoW. If not in Dragonflight, then in 11.0. We need time to heal from the mess that was soul ash and soul cinder farming… but iterate on this and make it better.

You really do have the power to make Torghast a staple of WoW. Something for people to do when they’re not doing laps in Dalaran/Oribos/Valdrakken.

Give us Torghast, but don’t make us do it. Give us cool xmog rewards that we want to do it for. Mounts, Weapon mogs, armor mogs, pets, etc. Maybe not just 80 versions of jailer-themed shoulders… which although are cool, fell flat after an entire expansion of domination-themed… uhh… attire…

Make it hard. Make it require some godlike rolls on rogue-like powers. Make it fun. :smiley:

~ Signed some guy with over 100,000 soul ash for some reason.

1 Like

thorgast could be good if they took the grind out of the box of many things, make it account wide like paragon levels in d3. Make it not required so only players that want to do that sort of thing go there. Make it endless for layers to push your limits like m+ or greater rifts

Torghast was a terrible system and needs to be forgotten and dumped into the forgotten features of time. It was their attempt at FFXIV’s “deep dungeons” except it failed because they didn’t know what they were doing - no goal. Originally it was unlimited floor and go as far as you can, then that idea failed when it would feel like you HAD to go as far as you could - non stop rooms of gloomy gray walls with the same mobs. At least FFXIV changed the mob types sometimes to cooler stuff.

1 Like

It’s a shame you’ve never played a good roguelike, brother.

Torghast was bad, we agree on that. But it could have been good. And Blizzard can make a good roguelike inside of WoW by taking what they have learned from Torghast and applying to to something that doesn’t suck.

As far as theme… yeah the dommy-mommy chain theme is spent. We’re all exhausted of these grays and monotones.

The system itself, however, could be fun. I personally sold Torghast speed runs on Area 52 for a few months and truly did enjoy it.

Consider giving Hades or Gunfire Reborn a try. There is room for a good roguelike “mini-game” feature in WoW that rewards players with xmog. There isn’t room for something that rewards players with currency used to purchase mandatory legendaries.

Sure… so an expansion that is supposed to be about restoring the dragonflight should have an endless dungeon that is all about slaughtering the dragonflight… I don’t think you thought this through…
especially since a few of the flights are so heavily diminished in number that they are at risk of dying out.

I played darkest dungeon and it was interesting. But roguelikes/roguelites do not work in MMORPGs, unless its something very simple like heaven on high/palace of the dead in FF14. They overcomplicated torghast.

1 Like

I don’t think it was supposed to have a story. PVP doesn’t have a story.

I hear what you’re saying, I just disagree entirely. Roguelikes are fun based on how powers interact with each other. If that’s the complexity you’re referring to, removing that would make for a worse experience - not better.

Roguelikes and roguelites are 2 different things thought? One erases all progress, the other is more forgiving but still penalizes you some. And they do not belong in an MMORPG unless its a very simplified system like FF14’s HoH or POTD.

1 Like

Jesus please no. There already enough bad with DF when you consider that a bunch of classes/spec are just not ready. We dont need the crap addition that was torghast lol.

Maybe its original form from SL beta, but not the one we got.

Yeah which makes it great screw torghast worst rouguelite ever

Id like the option of having my character’s level and stats scale down to do Torghast and Isle Expos. They seem like a fun casual 1-3 player activity when they arent the sole focus of an expansion.

It’s a failure. lol

mandatory for legendaries. Beyond that it was not a good experience.

Let the whole concept rot.

I loved torghast and I think it’s a tragedy there’s no solo instanced challenge modes in dragonflight. I played torghast with every class and spec just about and I loved the variety and challenge. Every time I leveled up a new alt first place I’d test it is torghast to learn the ropes of the class. It’s what allowed me to understand the way a lot of classes work without just sucking thru mythic+ or raids. Also having busted powers was a lotta fun sometimes. I decided when dragonflight came out that I’d intentionally leave some of my toons at level 60 in their shadowlands gear so that I could still enjoy it from time to time only to find out you can’t even freeze toons at level 60 xp-wise (that cutoff is 59 which makes no sense now that max is 70). If I participate in torghast those toons just level up from the XP. So essentially I can only play torghast consistently at level 70 where it’s a joke. I wish blizzard would either make this timewalking or add a new challenge mode that isn’t linked to player power so the people who love soloing mobs and grinding can do so without the naysayers complaining.