Dragonflight Season 4 Content Update Notes

Dear Blizzard,

CAN WE TURN AWAKENED OFF so that we can farm mounts at the end of the expansion, like we did from Mists of Pandaria through Battle for Azeroth?

Fated was already a big enough Crap-On-A-Stick for raiding guilds. This is just the last straw.

CAN WE TURN AWAKENED OFF

Because you really need to make it so we can.

You’re just going to burn out even more raiding guilds by making Awakened mandatory, and essentially removing the end-of-expansion mount farming that so many guilds enjoyed for so many years.

Doing this right after the M Tindral / M Fyrrak double-whammy that murdered hundreds of guilds?

I seriously don’t know what’s gotten into you people.

6 Likes

Do you care to respond to how you were way off base about this claim that 30%-50% overhealing in keys make a healer bad at the game?

This is incorrect. A lot of top healers have huge amounts of overhealing(>50%) in very high keys. You don’t know what you’re talking about here. Look at warcraftlogs.

Just subtract 10 levels from whatever you can do currently, and that’s the level you can do in season 4 (though slightly easier, tbh, because affixes are being pushed to coming in at higher levels).

1 Like

No class tuning, especially for pvp aside from the FW nerf and Disc buff has me feeling less enthusiastic. I get it’s an afterthought, but there’s gotta be something better to be done then this.

Was really hoping for a massive mmr change for pvp.

Of course, Just like the other guy, you were so quick to post a gotcha that you picked any links without looking at the numbers and the context.

Jadefire stomp alone was cast 118 times and it overhealed 68% for the entire dungeon.

No he is not a bad player for having so much overhealing on a dps/hybrid ability that people use for damage. My example was specifically for abilities that are purely throughput(Which is why I said Flash Heal and not something like Holy Nova that is used for DPS at max stacks)

It is disingenuous to see Jadefire Stomp do 70% overhealing or ATOTM do almost 30% overhealing and say “Wow this is a lot of overhealing, nerf the entire spec by 13%, they won’t notice.” when a lot of that overhealing comes from periods of downtime.

I must have hurt some people’s feelings so let me clarify my point and make it clear

If the majority of your overhealing is coming from passive/hybrid abilities then that does not make you a bad player.
But there is a massive difference between 70% overhealing on Flash of Light and 70% overhealing on Holy Nova. And anyone that says otherwise then well…have a good day.

I am reading this as just a single Bullion per week, but there are some alternate ways to read it

• 1 per each Awakened boss killed - unlikely since it would allow you to pretty much fully gear in a single week
  • 1 in week 1, 2 in week 2, 3 in week 3, etc - actually pretty reasonable and a way they could make the system “better.”

If you don’t allow the choice of turning off awakened it will be a gargantuan L. S4 is supposed to be about fun (presumably) so let us choose to how to spend it.

You put guilds on a tight timer by bringing out S4 too early and now you’re introducing another timer by week 7 with all raids awakened if there’s no way to turn it off.

2 Likes

You did not get KSM this season: you got Dragonflight Season 3 Master from you being carried on Heroic Fyrakk. I can link to the log if you want.

The +11 being the highest key you’ve completed is visible in both your Armory and RIO profile.

Jadefire Stomp’s primary purpose is to trigger Ancient Teachings and Awakened Jadefire, not to heal.

1 Like

Absolutely nothing that affects me negatively in any way.

Yay?
:woman_shrugging:

please blizz. we absolutely need a way to turn awakened off. thats just a silly restriction and you know it.

3 Likes

Hello. Just going to (less violently) advocate for the ability to turn off fated. My guild is one of a couple hundred who’ve managed to narrowly clutch CE in the last couple weeks by adding raid nights after the announcement of the season end. Speaking as a RL, I was really looking forward to being able to grind over the next couple months to get mounts for all of my raiders after the ~800 collective pulls we put in over Tindral/Fyrakk. This is one of the most challenging tiers we’ve ever raided as a group, and it would be nice for the players who put the time and effort into making it this far to have something tangible to show for it.

We’ll still be farming out the mount in the next few weeks either way, but it feels more than a little disappointing to be thinking about only half our group getting the mount after such an uphill battle to get here. At the minimum, week 5 feels a bit too early to me to be locked out of the mount drop, especially where some of the healer tuning changes next week might leave us weaker than this week, rather than stronger.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

Sir, this is really embarrassing at this point

I earned KSM on 03/26/2024 with my Mistweaver monk
Heroic Amirdrassil was on 03/24/2024, that is a separate one

View Profile → Achievements → Feats of Strength → Dragonflight Season 3 Master → Dragonflight Keystone Master: Season Three (Earned 03/26/2024)

It takes you 2 seconds to search that up.

Like you don’t have to agree with my opinions but it is a fact that I got KSM. Not going back and forth with someone that can’t be bothered to check that. Have a good day

Ps- No lie, I did get carried on amirdrassil. Died on every fight omg

1 bullion a week… Well yay… That’s almost useful :expressionless:

A handful of 15s aren’t that much more impressive. I mean, I don’t have a dog in this fight here, but let’s not act like KSM makes people qualified to comment on high level play.

1 Like

I got my KSH out of a box of cracker jacks…

1 Like

That was only for the affixes, not for the scaled up difficulty

If we can’t even acknowledge the facts then how are we going to have a proper discussion? Like I said, people don’t have to agree with me, they could think I am wrong, but let’s not pull things out of thin air just to discredit someone’s argument(Also it wasn’t a handful of +15)

In terms of high level play, my points still stands and the numbers from high level players back it up, posting this here again and finishing for the day.

I must have hurt some people’s feelings so let me clarify my point and make it clear

If the majority of your overhealing is coming from passive/hybrid abilities then that does not make you a bad player.
But there is a massive difference between 70% overhealing on Flash of Light and 70% overhealing on Holy Nova. And anyone that says otherwise then well…have a good day.

You couldn’t even turn the affixes off completely; all you could do is add more.

1 Like