Dragonflight Season 4 Content Update Notes

Yarh I don’t think it would be easy to quantify how a healing % nerf effects overhealing.

But it’s pretty common to hit 30%-50% overhealing. Especially in Heroic raid and Keys <24 which is where most players aren’t going to be progressing passed.

Expect to still see 30-50% overhealing. Not gonna be a problem.

I understand you will come back and say “Well think of it more as a HPS nerf. Whats your best HPS? If you do 400kHPS today and get a 20% flat healing nerf now you do 320k HPS”

I think it’s a dumb argument to consider, that being said. HPS parses don’t really mean anything. Just means you pressed the button faster or had a better CD available or were using less healers than suggested for group size. Healers have been incredibly powerful this expansion, so much so it’s insane when a group has a healing issue unless they’re doing like a M30 or something

1 Like

Wha

They been doing more and more world/casual content

It’ll just never give the best gear for obvious reasons so I hope that’s not something anybody is waiting on

5 Likes

World content players have been a massively higher focus ever since Ion took over what are you talking about.

The game has been moving AWAY from raid or die for years under him and we have delves coming next expansion.

2 Likes

Would like clear answers on Catalyst charge timings and Crest caps. The assumption is that it is like the start of any regular season, but a solid clarification would be great.

3 Likes

There is a Elite/Heroic vendor on PTR so that implies the Season Master still awards the token.

I want to be able to get Fyrakk mounts for my guildies that did prog, let us turn off awakened please so we can make that happen without the stress that none of us want in Season 4.

7 Likes

They seriously need to do this. my guild’s s4 raid participation was going to be centered around mount farming for people. We simply won’t raid week 7+ with this.

5 Likes

Agreed. CE/AOTC are gone so why not allow people to stomp the content and get mounts or cosmetics they want?

5 Likes

Can we TURN OFF awakened.

As a guild, we are not interested in S4 and awakened and we would like to carry on farming fyrakk mounts for our guildies. Can we turn off awakened and select the non awakened raid or are we forced to play S4 and regear and relearn these bosses?

TLDR: make selecting non awakened mythic raid possible like now for people that only want to farm mounts for their guild.

Thanks

7 Likes

There is?! Thats good then! Usually its in yhe notes. So i thought there wasnt

Please provide a way to disable Awakened. We still have a lot of mounts to farm for our roster. They worked hard for CE and they deserve their mounts. You owe us that much after a tier as overtuned and punishing as Amirdrassil.

8 Likes

Does this mean the new raids will be available the moment the season drops?

I actually think it would have been better to just not have this patch at all… reduce the ilvl and stat bloat, this patch has nothing interesting, just play DF again? No thanks

3 Likes

If someone has 50% overhealing in keys then they are not good players and we should not balance around them.

Those are the same type of players that come into the forums and complain about “Being forced to do damage even though I’m a healer”

And then they go do a key where everyone is full HP and they are still spamming flash heal on the Blood DK tabk(and end up running out of mana on every pull)

I mean…

The highest HPS logged for Rise 31 is 137k HPS with 42% overhealing by a MW.

Are they not good players, random forum DK?

They also did 74k DPS while active.

htt~ps://ww~w.war~craft logs.c~om/reports/17A9~CZwXJPRc8f6v#fight=1&type=healing

you’ll have to delete the squiggles, because posting links is impossible

2 Likes

Many healers will have high overhealing by design (e.g. Resto Druids due to HoTs), and more importantly if the group is skilled and actually avoids the avoidable damage and uses defenses correctly then there’s inherently much less to heal.

More relevantly, you have not completed anything above a +11 in DF S3 and have not done any serious content to identify the dynamics of a healer, other than getting carried in a Heroic Amirdrassil.

Extremely disappointing to see no experimentation for season 4. A huge L and missed opportunity. For such a good expansion, this is a sad way to end it.

Also struggling to understand how the tuning goals say resto shaman are too strong, but vengeance demon hunters are OK.

i dont think we’re gonna hear from them again after massive womp womp

No there wasn’t.

4 Likes

Only +11? Lol. This is what happens when your feelings get hurt on the forum and you are quick to do a gotcha post

I got KSM this season check my achievements, I don’t think you can do that with +11s :stuck_out_tongue: