Dragonflight Recommended Specs-Mac

So I was looking at the recommended specs for Dragonflight and it says M1 Max, 16GB RAM, and Metal® capable 8 GB GPU (AMD™ RDNA™ or Apple® M1 Max). The minimum RAM for a M1 Max is 32GB.

Does that mean I if I purchasing a M2 I should get 24GB RAM as it is shared between the CPU and GPU, giving the App 16GB and the GPU 8GB?

You don’t have the ability to spec out a GPU on the ARM based Macs, they are integrated into the SoC. So in a nutshell, merely having an ARM Mac meets the GPU requirements because it is utterly out of your control.

You only need concern yourself with the RAM and storage if going with ARM.

Since RAM is shared between the GPU and the CPU, the more the merrier. As to whether 16GBs is enough, only time will tell.

Remember, until the title actually ships, these specs may change at any time. Best to see how the game performs during beta before making your final choice.

It’s not. The system is quick to enable compressed memory and virtual memory if it even senses memory pressure so that means even if on paper you COULD fit wow and base system functions into 16GB, the system would plan for any situation where memory could spike and start memory boosting measures.

but realistically 16GB is heavily choked. i consider 32 the bare minimum just like blizzard does. PC might still be 16GB but that knows vram is still a separate entity and not shared with unified memory.

If you add in the new memory requirements of Agent (Battle.net Agent eating up RAM), then you need even more.