Dragonflight Preview: More on Professions

What, you don’t chat with the folks standing near the same mailbox as you crafting up their stuff?

I agree. I cringed when I read that part. Oh great, another opportunity to either set my Hearthstone in the main hub and never in a zone I’m working on, or take a leak while I flight path it back to the main hub. With DF zones being huge, that’s going to be a great use of our time. I hope they’ll meet their “engagement metrics” with flight path nonsense again.

If they insist on this mess, at least give us back the flight whistle.

6 Likes

I love what the art team and model devs have done with the crafting tables. I love the goblin-esque Bunsen burner.

That said, not allowing all the tables to be portable is a total WTF. Why would you want to take a giant QOL step back here? Just let us craft wherever we are. Trying to maximize our log time with flight path time? Do you really think Dragonriding is going to be SO fun that we’re going to want to dragon ride back to the profession tables all the time? Come on!

If players want to RP near the tables, great. Put the tables out there and let the players that like that element of RP do that. Please stop forcing these time sink “RP elements” on everyone else.

7 Likes

That’s how alchemy was in Legion. Until you reached a certain point you had to go to the alchemy shop to make anything. They don’t tell you anymore what it is you have to do, because secret. I stopped leveling alchemists in Legion.

They really don’t want people leveling old professions.

2 Likes

That’s how blizz has always rolled; nothing new there.

Classic elements are not going to bring back classic andys to retail. And are just annoyances for those us who don’t see the value at moving at a snail’s pace or having to be tethered to somewhere for X reason.

2 Likes

Slight correction on a line that slipped through checks. It should have read, “Inscription” instead of “Alchemy.” As an alchemist, I just tend to think all things are about Alchemy. Sorry about the mix-up!

“With this update, you will soon find new Milling and Prospecting recipes in each expansion-specific version of Inscription and Jewelcrafting that you know.”

6 Likes

Loving everything I’m reading about professions in Dragonflight. Some people have lamented at the thought of needing to craft in a specific location, but I like it. It’s not necessarily about you interacting with nearby players, but creating an area that feels alive and populated with characters that are actively participating in the world. Whether or not you interact with the people around you, it will feel like a bustling hub of commerce. And I think that’s great.

6 Likes

The Mettle tooltip has “inlcuding” which should be “including”.

I like everything I’ve read here and happy that you are re-introducing crafting stations. Fantasy/community feel > convenience.

Oof. We’ll get that corrected as soon as possible. Thanks for the catch.

1 Like

QOL is not the most important aspect of an MMO.

… No? They’ll obviously add new tables for the next expansion. Not that you’d even make DF recipes next expansion anyway?

Im hyped for this and I can’t wait to see what else y’all have in store for professions. Love the reagent bag, love the stack increase, and I love the stations design.

Feedback for a future inclusion:
Please consider having certain professions supply general customization options for players. Like JCers selling earrings/necklace, Inscription selling tattoos, Alchemy sells hair dye etc.

2 Likes

Hello Blizz friend! :wave:

Call me gay because I’m happy. This looks and sounds great to me! You get a like from me today. :heart_eyes:

:sunflower: :rainbow: :sunflower:

No, you get off MY lawn!

In the case of enchanting…what would be considered ‘direct crafting’? Considering all enchanting does is…enchant and disenchant stuff, and the fact that there’s an enchanting station, that kinda limits what these stations could potentially be used for, right?

Yeah, but back then it had a purpose outside of contracts, and that other feature is not really important outside transmogs.

Do what they do to bandages and merge them.

The original version didn’t even have contracts. Inscription was an additional power system, similar to what conduits are now.

I want Inscription to be GOOD again, not be merged with something else.

It was better before, it just needs some attention again. Give it something ACTUALLY useful.

1 Like

Not a new feature or type of bag…it’d definitely help if the people designing this game had actually played it.

Edit: I’d still like to know if the different qualities of gear will come in different colors. I have hope they will seeing the crafting equipment has different color schemes, but there’s no mention what those variations are tied too.

Enchanting to vellum, crafting wands, reagents, etc. All the stuff that isn’t enchanting/DEing a piece of gear.