Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

boy i sure am not because it means the female human run, which has been bad since vanilla, and the wrists as large as biceps and short stubby fingers, etc. not even remotely graceful.

Several body options nice

apparently, or iā€™m just having trouble translating, reading between lines, etc. iā€™m 63 so ye olde brain aint what she use to be

Thatā€™s a fair point.

Iā€™m still just completely baffled as to why they linked the CoC at me.

Like, did they consider my snark offensive?

1 Like

Pawz doesnā€™t like me much either for something similar a month or 2 back so I understand that confusion. :upside_down_face:

And now having read this thread, Iā€™m once again wishing we had playable Vrykul and the visage form could be any race.

A big buff red female Dracthyr with a buff female Vrykul visage form sounds awesome.
So many missed opportunities :frowning: Why is visage limited and why are there no playable vrykul? :ā€™(
and a tank option :stuck_out_tongue:

A race-gated class that canā€™t play all three roles is ridiculous.

1 Like

Evoker should have been a 4 spec class.
Tank: Black
Healer: Green & Bronze
Melee: Red
Ranged: Blue

2 Likes

Yep, Iā€™m really surprised there wasnā€™t a black dragon themed tank spec, but at least let the race be other classes.

Iā€™d still like to see a Earthwarder tank spec for Shaman, but that could easily have been the black dragon tank spec too. Or just add it to shaman and let us play as one haha

1 Like

Thatā€™d have been a great way to go.

Itā€™s basically just a copy paste of a Dragonsworn class concept I was working on before we knew about Dragonflight.

I would have preferred it since Iā€™m not huge on the idea of letting people RP as an form of dragon.

Dragonsworn keeps the power levels consistent, and also would be a class all races could justifiably be.

It even could have allowed the incorporation of the offshoot flights. Like CDs that allow the tank (black Dragonsworn) to get radiated with energy and temporarily become a nether Dragonsworn. Or the healer (green&bronze) to either get corrupted temporarily as nightmare or infinite.

Honestly with the new body options being a thingā€¦they could easily expand Kul Tiran fantasy to reflect Vrykul.

1 Like

Definitely.
Simaia showed off some model edits just using scaling.
One had the Kultiran male body made larger, stomach scaled back, and a dwarven beard added and it looked great.

Was gonna link it, but it sounds like she took it down because people suck :frowning:

Problem is theyā€™d probably just go the wildhammer route and do it half assed instead of doing it properly as a full allied race, which wildhammer deserved to have.

I want to like these but my god there is 0 appeal for legacy WC fans or anyone who isnā€™t a child/furry. (no offense)

Itā€™s clear theyā€™re going for androgynous forms here between the male and female options; why then bother making them look so ā€˜humanā€™?

There are a multitude of dragon-themed humanoids throughout WoW but this just screams blizzard wanting to welcome the furry community into their player baseā€¦ which is cool and all but man, kind of a burn for the people who have been massive fans of the dragon flights.

These models look very clowny, especially when rocking the more saturated colors.

They would really benefit from not being so upright, similar to the worgen. Both male and female could also use some bulk. Really the main bother here is deadpan human anatomyā€¦ on a species that doesnā€™t bother wearing clothes. Itā€™s extremely uncanny and you donā€™t need an art degree to see it.

1 Like

4 is overdoing it. We donā€™t need druids 2.0. 3 would have been better than 2. The lack of a tank spec is really going to gum up groups in a few months as everyone tries this class.

All flights should be represented in the base abilities, but the theme of the aspects would reflect that theme of the ability. So the varius specs would focus more on abilities relating to those themes and flights.

Black: Defensive
Green: Heal
Bronze: Support
Blue: Damage
Red: Damage/heal

So your specā€™s unique abilities look like this:

Tank: Black/Bronze
Heal: Red/Green/Bronze
Ranged: Red/Blue

You would still have access to green and red abilities as a tank, but they would be fairly vestigial for group content, like vivify on a brewmaster.

2 Likes

this is looking much much better :slightly_smiling_face:

nice :sunglasses:

Nah, I prefer Druid 2.0
Iā€™d like my class to have all 4 roles.

1 Like

8 Likes

Speak for yourselfā€¦ Iā€™ve had to deal with dysphoria by either playing a big beefy male or female with boobs, theres never been a nonbinary option. Theres never been a small-male or flat-chested female option. As an actual nonbinary person, the only complaint I have about the dracthyr is that I can only make one! Yā€™all complaining about sexual dimorphism is just wild, you can play literally any race and get that. Let us have this one, jeez.

7 Likes

If whatā€™s being requested was made an option, both parties could have what they want :person_shrugging:

2 Likes