Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

I actually prefer this to boobs, if they were to do anything. Almost like a more defined “S” curve on the body. That said, I do worry that they’d take away the option to be bigger and bulkier and the defined boning would be exclusive to the “female” model. That honestly would have been par for the course for Blizz, but they did this instead. Like, I’d hope they would add it as another option, like #5 or something, but I do not trust.

If we want any, it should be the women being larger then the men.

5 Likes

well since you want the bulky model, they should have an exaggerated breastbone option for all the models, which would naturally include a waistline. just make it a customization. allow people to pick or not pick it. the photo i posted here, shows they were already doing something similar on the more feminine one.

I mean if you want to go that way, all the reds yellows and blues with vibrant patterns are options for males, but females are stuck with drab blacks and browns. :slight_smile:

That said, it is not consistent within reptiles which sex is larger when there is dimorphism at all. Honestly I was thinking more along the lines of thicker horns and skeletal structure.

No they don’t… And you can literally change the horns and snouts. You’re just complaining to complain.

2 Likes

Funny that, neither are the drakanoids in this game :crazy_face:

That’s really an avian thing tho. Lizards and danger noodles don’t have that kind of thing in most species in regards to sex.

I like the idea of tails having a different shape for the sexes if I’m going to give a serious answer.

1 Like

Looking pretty good. Curious to see them in-game.

I’m liking the different body sizes, I’d like to see maybe 2 more sizes that increase the bulk even more along the same rate.

I’d also like to see the class restriction removed. Not a fan of that part.

But what if I want to be bulky with no defined bone? That’s what I’m saying - Even if Blizz gave it to all 4 female options, I’d worry that they’d gate the current options to male characters. Which is what they’ve done, historically. I mean look at the worgen - lorewise it might make sense, but I would have loved to be able to have a much bigger and scarier wolf like the male models are. Plus they only have 4 options for drac’thyr now, and to ask them to make 8 available to all of us at launch? That’s a lot, given the teeth pulling it took to get 4 options instead of 1.

Tell me you don’t live in the western US, without telling me you don’t live in the western US. We have a common lizard here, I don’t recall the official name, but the common name is the “bluebelly.” Guess how the males advertise themselves. :slight_smile:

I looked up bearded dragons whilst having this conversation and uhhh yeah can confirm, can’t tell those suckers apart.

1 Like

I mean, I’m in NV right now and we got these cute brown ones everywhere :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

And I covered myself by saying “most species” of course there could be exceptions, I don’t know the catalogue of every lizard/snake lmao

I really shouldn’t have re-engaged on this dumb debate lmao

Also looked up a blue bellied lizard and came up with:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DajajwJVAAMm58J.jpg:large

And the ladies sport the same blue, just not as vibrant I guess.

1 Like

Loving the models, and all that variety! I look forward to playing–I would say one, but no way I will be able to keep to one with so many delightful possibilities. :+1:

I will add in the request to scale the necks to the body options, and I’d love to have just a few more body types. Opening them to all the existing races sometime in the future would really be awesome too. (And classes. I need another hunter for the pile.) Really hoping future updates to the other races will include this many options.

Rolling my eyes so hard at the folks who need bubbies on a reptile or they cannot cope. That’s a personal problem. If you just can’t make it through the day (hours?) without pixel cleavage, use the visage form outside of combat and, uh. Do whatever you gotta do, I guess. lmao. Like pick a race that has them. :woman_shrugging:

Thank you especially for not going the TESO route and slapping them on anyway, Blizz, the hype is real here!

5 Likes

3 Likes

pretty sure i said, like 3 times, in the same paragraph (haha), have it be a customization option.

1 Like

Argonians having woohas will never not be disappointing. They look proportionally wrong.

5 Likes

Now I will say for the third time that I’m worried they will gate it

have you seen the female visage form?

behind what?

Behind each gender? Am I not being clear?

Yep. And they look amazing. Especially fond of the Emerald Flight-flavored ones. :green_heart:

2 Likes