Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

You don’t remember me from high-school?

The disrespect.

I did know someone who wore a monocle every day but they didn’t have your bone structure.

1 Like

Oh. I also didn’t go to high-school so probably wasn’t me.

LIES

they do change shapes, try the ONY chain with plenty of dragonkin changing from humans to dragonkin.

By illusion magic, same as in Culling of Stratholme, that is using illusions, not a visage form that Dragons, and Drackthyr, use. Of which can be read about, including Visage day where a dragon decides on it, in the Folk tales WoW book.

1 Like

Also Blizzard… consider having your Dracthyr mingle and learn things from the Dragonflights…

I’m totally not asking for Netherdrake customizations in the future…nope totally not…

please give Netherdrake options in the future

4 Likes

and thalassian femal…oh wait a moment! draenei would look amazing in visage form. holey rusted metal batman. they need to just give all the non furry races, visage form, all genders.

/grumbles about the horde getting a nice looking thalassian and alliance getting stuck with human females.

1 Like

It’s so freaking weird. I would have never expected people to demand scalie deviantart characters. So… that was a surprise.

2 Likes

This is unfinished please add on option 5 and maybe an option 6 for bulkiness. Dragonkin displayed in game have been much thicker since vanilla WoW. It will help with the race/class fantasy and boost and sustain subricptions by at least 32.3333% (repeating, of course). Upvote to see this implemented!

Instead of tacking on breasts i think an option that keeps the slim wasteline of option 1 but the broader chest and shoulders of 3/4 would be nice.
Gives it a feminine figure when combined with the default thighs while maintaining that theyre reptiles.

I love how there are only 2 people who are so hard-set and determined to defend this “realistic reptilian qualities / they’re not dragonkin” argument.

It’s a damn fantasy game and variety is the spice of life, so why hinder yourself with limitations? The lore is dead, retcons are the new norm, and players just want to have fun. So why be a cry baby and ruin everyone else’s chances at having some damn autonomy over their character’s appearance. (Women don’t get autonomy over their own bodies in the real world. So just let them have this for those that would like the option, damn)

I’m done posting here, have fun with your circular reasoning.

The worst part about the debate is the people talking about how women want to be included too, and how not giving them breasts is sexist or some other such nonsense. As if all women were a monolith. I’m female and I am looking forward to a reptilian race with no breasts. I always loved things like Iksar from EQ/EQ2 and the Sslik from Horizons. Argonians always looked off to me because they slapped breasts on a lizard. I’m kinda glad WoW isn’t following the look.

Beyond that though, every other race in the game conforms to more or less typical standard appearance… so why can’t we have one race that does not? Especially when you can switch to Visage which DOES have standard features associated with gender.

11 Likes

I do hope there are perhaps some more chunky looking jaw options for that more ancient look. something about the head/jaw to body ratio seems a bit small but still- overall i’m happy and will try one out.

3 Likes

While I agree that it is a bit weird to have lizard boobs, Blizzard has done it in the past so this is a deviation from the norm. Part of arguing your opinion is to agree when someone else makes a valid point, and this is a valid point:

From this point you should move to argue why dracthyr should not have some sort of chest, since similar races in the past have. It likely won’t change things one way or the other, but the fact is Blizzard did deviate from their norm with this.

1 Like

One jaw options with an under-bite would be fantastic.

2 Likes

i liked seeing them in game but not playing them. the females were kinda wonky.

i think if they just exaggerated the breastbone on the more feminine model or made that an option, it would look like it, but not be it

2 Likes

and there’s how many defending dragon boobs again?

One less. Nice.

They’re so hot :>

Honestly I was on the anti-boob side until someone pointed out that NPCs in the game are as they are. I’m just willing to admit I’m wrong about something when I get something concrete like that.

I think it would still be strange to have straight up dragon boobs, but there should be some dimorphism. I’m pretty sure the expanded chest you describe is used in game. In my head Alextraza has wider hips in dragon form. But it is a difficult thing to measure without extracting models and comparing them.