Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Theycstill hav3 not confirmed. My guess, (based on alpha shots) would be that the dracthyr (draconic form) will have pre determined xmog. (Like the armor we see in the pics above.) Think of how bad the worgens clip on shoulders and some helms. I am hoping blizzard will avoid that by not allowing draconic form to wear any mail styled armor xmog.

I would also have to guess for dracthyr, lot of armor customizations will come from exploring. (The whole point of how to tame your pet dragon, ref: Ion initial announcement) Is to explore the dragon isles. You can bet dracthyr will get customization options via exploration. (Same as appearances or what not for the drakes we tame.) One last point to mention: (Scroll up to read) Another foreshadow into the direction of dracthyr customization is that: We will have a selection of customizations available at creation

SKSKSKSKS JS KFJSDKJFKSDFKDSJF IM SO EXCITED :face_holding_back_tears: :sob:

Oh please. Youā€™re complaining that I referred to junk as a male visual cue when the person youā€™re agreeing with is also dying on the hill of breasts being a female visual cue. You donā€™t get to pick and choose whatā€™s transphobic and what isnā€™t, so theyā€™re being equally transphobic here assuming that only breasts equal womanhood. Donā€™t be such a clown.

Iā€™ve loved Alextrasza since I played Dragonblight zone in Wrath, and she doesnā€™t have dragon boobs in her true form. I wanted to look like her when playing a dragon. I donā€™t want a hyper feminized version of dragons, I want what is already cool and badass and in the game. Since we donā€™t get to be huge aspect-sized dragons, this is fine for me.

Since weā€™ve already covered that dragonkin are mutated mortals, and since Blizz has made it clear that Dracthyr are not half human, thereā€™s no reason for them to have boobs. Stop with the boobs. Or play ESO and roll an Argonian.

3 Likes

well since iā€™ve had a masectomy, and i know iā€™m still a female, i know breasts dont equal gender. iā€™m referring to the standardized model. if i want to play a female character, i typically expect breasts to be a feature. its not terribly complicated.

And yet here we are.

6 Likes

whereā€™s that? i mean, iā€™m happy for the folks who want to play a reptile, regardless of its species lack of breasts. and iā€™d still play it if they gave us thalassian female visage form, but its not terribly satisfying as is, as it doesnt represent my interests in either form, at the moment.

1. Demon hunters and Death Knights are not races I know this seems to be confusing for some people.
  2. Their race/class thing is completely different than DH. DH did not suddenly stop B/Nelfs from being other classes. As to making it a thing they have shown at the least that they might be willing to open up the classes down the line.
  3. Maybe, Maybe not but since they took a hard stance so far of not opening up other classes people are gonna be a bit disheartened that maining a dragon race is out of the question for them until more classes get availble.

I completely agree about the Thalassian form, Iā€™m right there with you. I mean, donā€™t Alexstrasza and Ysera have the same model just slightly scaled up? Itā€™s weird that they didnā€™t give it to us, especially given that itā€™s the most popular race in the game (and therefore the most popular skeleton? lol)

3 Likes

i think gnomes, goblins and dwarves would look cool in visage and trolls would really look cool. i realize they were trying to make access to each factions most popular race available to the opposite faction, but it doesnt make sense thats isolated to male thalassians only and human females only.

Yeah the blue males look fantastic out of all these for sure

1 Like

Is it just me, or does the model still look weird. Kind of reminds me of the lizard race from Elder Scrolls which they tried to make work, but just ended up looking weird.

i think its the neck/head/shoulders ratio. the head needs to be bigger due to the length and width of the neck and as a result, the shoulders have to maintain the ratio. for the head to be bigger to solve the neck ratio, the shoulders have to increase in width to solve the head-shoulders ratio. the neck is causing most of the problems. if you make it thinner/shorter to solve head-neck ratio, then you have to reduce the shoulder width. solution seems to be to make the head bigger and the neck shorter, but not thinner. adjust shoulders if necessary.

1 Like

No, I want my sexy scaly race.

edit: I can finally make Ember from MLP. She was so hot.

Itā€™s niceā€¦ Still I choose Night Elf. It would be nice all races get this much love in time.

That would be sweet af

1 Like

Agree with this. I mean look at Chromie - dragon taking a gnome form. IMO the visage form doesnā€™t need as many customization options, I think most players would have preferred to simply look like any race they want when in that form. Especially since itā€™s a lore friendly concept.

Customization for the visage form is little much for me anyway, with the scales and jewelry and all that going on in their faces. Iā€™ll probably go mostly barefaced (except the horns) anyway when I make my character.

2 Likes

Right like idk how bliz makes a dragon race that isnt able to tank :smiling_face_with_tear: hopefully in the near future they will

Youā€™re free to look at all the other Anthropomorphic dragons in WoW, IE when theyā€™re not in their big feral four legged forms and compare whatā€™s missing.

Ah, so you agree with me then? That they should be more like the other Anthropomorphic dragons in WoW?

https://i.imgur.com/zqaD0Sj.png

Then thereā€™s the mess that is their visage form that makes zero sense, both by their choices of race being limited but also as a result of supposedly theyā€™re for ā€˜blending inā€™ but they kinda stand out from the races theyā€™re supposed to portray.

No, and Iā€™ll leave it at that. Feel free to read the other 500 posts if you want to catch up, Iā€™m not fond of repeating myself.

More checkmates.