Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

good question. not much else i can say anyway. except, have fun

Only thing I have to say is Blizzard, if the body types can be made larger the neck needs to also get larger as well. Nice thick body with thick neck is more proportional with a nice big jaw, like a dragon :wink:

2 Likes

Their heads are too small in dragon form. I think thats the biggest issue with the model and why it looks so whacky.

2 Likes

Apparently ladies should be made to feel like they’re not ladies unless they meet your physical specifications.

6 Likes

well most ladies, even many transitioned females, have breasts and you’re acting like i’m some perverted maniac for wanting the new race to act like i exist, and that my body parts are not shameful or a point of derision.

She does that, best to ignore her trolling.

thank you. i was beginning to feel pretty bad about the whole thing.

Most likely not
Demon Hunters can’t heal after all
Nor can Death Knights
Yes their particular race-to-class is slightly differently but
 at the end of the day, there’s nothing to indicate that they have to be able to play every role, and there’s nothing that indicate that they have any interest or plans in making that a thing
And hey, to further emphasize on this, with every other hero class or class added since WotLK to be specific being able to tank
 adding another tank doesn’t really fulfill much of a role anyhow

1 Like

Mana wryms were my favorite pet for a long time when I first saw them as a little blood elf. This is a nice mount!

1 Like

Why are you treating breast as if they are equal to junk? There are a lot of Trans women who keep their junk are you saying that they can’t be women if they have a bulge because its strictly a " male characteristic"? (For someone acting woke and backing the “Non-binary” can’t have nice things argument you are using bigoted points towards trans people to make your case.)

The dracthyr already have a masculine over all shape to them if you can’t see that get some glasses.

A day ago i posted a compromise, they can make boobs optional or not, they can use other secondary sexual characteristics instead like a wider hip option

I’m a female and I only play female characters and i would like to play a Dracthyr but the visage form is boring, and an anthro dragon would be awesome. But being forced to be a Male or “Non-binary” one is not ok.

Ever think some people get proxy dysphoria playing a character that doesn’t fit their gender?

They need more even more bulk!

Wait.
So the Dracthyr are trans? Is that what’s happening?

i was thinking a more prominent breastbone, thereby suggesting breasts but without having actual breasts. i posted a pic of 2 drac and the one on the left seems to already have a slightly exaggerated breastbone, as if they were already headed in that direction.

compare the forearm on the drac to the right, to the one on the left. thats some powerful forearms. looks quite masculine.

But being forced to be a Male or “Non-binary” one is not ok.

which is why they said we could just not play them, since they represent the first non binary race in the game. and when i pointed out the more masculinized body type, i was told that it could be a female. cant win for losing, i guess.

You know what the worst part is? They don’t look appealing. There’s nothing about them which screams, “New and interesting!” It looks like another generic fantasy dragon race that I’ve already seen countless times in media before. There’s nothing daring about the design, there’s nothing new, nothing interesting, no standout features, just generic dragon-people.

1 Like

i just dont understand why female mammalian characteristics are the odd one out. i can tell they are trying to capture it without sacrificing the body type of a reptile, but what were they thinking, making an entire race where ladies are an afterthought.

1 Like
https://derpicdn.net/img/2021/12/16/2765826/medium.png

Doesn’t need cleavage and you can tell right away, female. No hint of mammaries since scale plating so not mammalian. Some how too hard to figure out.

It’s just sexism. Male is default gender in gaming since the demographic dominates the field. It was always marketed as a boy thing. So now there is a stigma about it.

Oh look, blizz so woke. My post was deleted for offending the “non-binaries”, but the bigot/transphobe referring to junk as male only trait still has their posts up
Typical.

I don’t mean to sound like a hater but I have some
comments.

When it comes to a brand new race in a brand new expansion, why are brand new rigs not created? Reskinning the female worgen rig seems
uninspired.

Why do they look so androgynous? WoW is a fantastical universe. Draenei are commonly referred to as goats, yet in WoW’s fantastical world they have male/female characteristics. Why are people using the reptile realism as an argument?

I want a beefy muscular dragon to play/ogle at. I don’t like the twinky androgynous look of the Dracthyr. I don’t usually play female characters, but I’d even play a hyper feminized Dracthyr over the
 neutral whatever they are using for both genders currently. Going middle of the road pleases
few.

2 Likes

Dragonspawn are mortals that were mutated into more draconic forms via exposure to their dragonflight’s magic or else directly transformed from mortals into dragonspawn
thus the females have breasts because they had them as mortals.

Dracthyr are far closer to actual dragons, so thus they share the lack of sexual dimorphism in their true forms. The people obsessed with their lady dracthyr having breasts will have them in their visage form.

5 Likes