Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Only one can hope

My next point of contention is that worgen should have tails.

2 Likes

thats a good point. notice they gave us a more masculine body shape in this update. bigger pecs, bulkier thighs, thicker snout. problem is, i cant say the more feminized shapes are female as many males can have that body shape. and tho its also true that females can have bigger pecs, etc, the separation between a clearly female body type and a clearly male body type is standarized as big male pecs or big female breasts (not that i’d want big breasts on a reptile, but perhaps a more pronounced breast bone.

Debatable.

This is typically a female trait.

They’re a gender neutral design. Just as dragons always have been in WoW. And just as the vast majority of reptiles are, to the point that you need formal training or a lot of field experience to differentiate the males from the females. In a lot of cases, there is no visible differentiation - you need to stick a probe into the cloaca and feel around to see if you’re dealing with a male or female.

3 Likes

nah, it had male body builder characteristics, like the type of muscle definition. most female thicc thighs are rounded, thicc at the hip and taper to the knee cap. males have muscle nearly down to the knee cap with a less tapered appearance unless they are posing to show off the individual muscle groups

edit: huh i went to look at it again and it appears it doesnt really have more muscular thighs just bigger pecs. maybe the torso is slightly more masculine with less of a waistline, but not much. they have done a great job nuancing the masculine features.

Option 1 has a more “snatched” waist which is more common in women than men. “Just as many men” is not accurate as mens’ waists don’t tend to taper in that far. Option 4 doesn’t have a slim waist.

Splitting hairs now. You’re committed to being wrong, I get it.

They don’t look like body builders, they don’t even have pecs. As a matter of fact, they aren’t even really broad-chested like men are, unless you go for option four. I’d understand your argument if, yes, the dragons very decidedly had man-pecs like two big boxes on their chests. But they don’t. From chest to stomach, they look like lizards. No pecs. No boobs. Non-binary like that guy said.

If you can’t see that, it’s because you don’t want to. So, like you said, don’t play it.

6 Likes

case in point (they both look great. bravo art team) . the one on the left could be suggested to be female but it could also be male. the one the right is a male. look at his waistline. thats standardized male mammalian characteristic. now the waist on the left, is very feminine, but there are males with it, too, so its not standardized. the only outstanding feature female mammalians have are breasts. the thighs on the male are not as bulky as i thought, but its a buff male mammalian body type otherwise

Men and women come in bodies of every shape and size.

Go outside and meet real people.

“Women only have value to me if they got them tiddies”

11 Likes

I did, the “beefy” version still looks like sphaghetti arms.

Post pictures of your arm irl

5 Likes

I absolutely respect female representation in games. I’m skeptical of historic tokenism and objectification of women by mostly male developers. It’s gotta be more than merely slapping giant bewbs and eyelashes on female characters.

2 Likes

The truth is, dracthys weren’t made for everyone, and in fact they shouldn’t. they are one more race in a game that already has 23 playable races.
especially considering they will only be one class at the moment.
people will or won’t play with them, it doesn’t matter, what matters is they are ok, and honestly they are very good at the moment.

4 Likes

why are you giving breasts so many disparaging nicknames?

They are sexualized. There are male and female Dracthyr.

Imagine having to resort to these childish responses cause you ran out of logical arguments and don’t like someone else’s opinion.

I’m mocking your sexist statements.

Yes, your statement that the body shape with bulging muscles has “spaghetti arms” clearly deserves logical arguments lmao

You’re still a clown.

6 Likes

Wow your immature lol, you’ve only made me laugh. Not going to engage with you further seeing as your coming off as a kid who never learned to have a debate or argument that doesn’t resort to childish stupidity. I’m better then that thankfully, maybe one day you’ll mature out of that and learn to convey your point without being childish.

i’m female. you know this. i wanted a drac form that looks female. sort of like how guys were asking for a drac form that looks buff. and it appears they got it. its clearly a male drac with male mammalian muscle groups. problem is, the more feminine one could be male or female. therefore, there is a maybe female but a for certain male body type.

1 Like

No, you’re really not lol

1 Like

Again, not true. The right is not distinctly male. While yes, slim waists are more
common in women than men, not every woman has a slim waist. In fact, many do not. Either dragon could be male or female, and I personally will be choosing option 4 for my female drac’thyr. You don’t have to have boobs to be a woman. You don’t have to have a distinctive “visual cue” to be a woman, especially if you’re a lizard. Your argument does such a disservice to non-binary people tbh and really, since you’ve already said you’re not going to play dracthyr, why do you continue to argue?

4 Likes