Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

so representation is meaningless?

1 Like

Representation is important.

And what you want is already represented in literally every other playable race.

8 Likes

If boobs equal representation to you, there’s a deeper issue at work here.

5 Likes

very true. and i appreciate that about the game, even the half robot people (mechagnomes) and draknoids, have female versions. got accustomed to having the option.

so now you’re gonna suggest i need psychological help because i like playing chars that are clearly female?

I prefer the Thalassian “high elf” look as well and I’m not sure why we aren’t getting it. Then again, I think we should be able to choose whatever race we want for the visage form. But that’s too much work for Blizz apparently.

4 Likes

gnomes and goblins would look great in visage. so would dwarves and trolls. heck orcs would too

Do you need cues that it is male? I don’t see a beard, chest hair, bulging pectorals, or a magnum dong.

You’ve got a subconscious bias on display here.

13 Likes

my bias is i like to play clearly female characters. its that simple.

1 Like

Almost spit my drink there.

2 Likes

To the point where you need to slap a pair of boobs on some poor lizard to know it’s a lady. You don’t see a problem there?

4 Likes

You’re shifting the goalposts. You were saying that they read as male because they don’t have female “visual cues.” I don’t think they were designed to read as either. Do you see giant tatas pendulously swinging around when Alexstrasza is in her dragon form?

8 Likes

if not breasts, what do you suggest would make them look obviously female?

Maybe a female visage form to show that they identify as female, like every other dragon in WoW?

7 Likes

earlier someone disposed of the argument that blizzard wouldnt depict female lizards, because drakonids have a female form with breasts and they shapeshift to mammalian form too. its not like they dont already have a precedent for it.

Drakonids and Dragonspawn are mutated humanoids. Not dragons. Drac’thyr were designed as a compromise to giving us full-fledged dragons, so they take all the design cues from real dragons in a humanoid form.

1 Like

If anything, the absence of facial hair is a visual cue. Nozdormu and Malygos both have beards, Ysera and Alexstrasza don’t. Kalec doesn’t have a beard because they’re literally all a bunch of flying lizards holy macaroni

3 Likes

Ysera and Alexstrasza also don’t have dragon boobs and they’re very obviously female. And aside from the whole visual argument…

I can guarantee you the female drac’thyr voice actor will be a woman. feminine grunt noise

1 Like

2 Likes

I still say all bets are off, maybe they just don’t want us to Big N’s perfect race until release with complete with boob and dong sliders.