Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

The original WOW dragons are not sexually dimorphic in dragon form, only in humanoid form. You cannot tell the difference between Nozdormu and Soridormi in dragon form. The Dracthyr are clearly dimorphic in humanoid form, but not so much in dragon form.

Seems pretty consistent on Blizzard’s part, to me.

6 Likes

You could say the same thing for worgen. There is literally no reason for tauren, worgen, and vulpera to have human-like breasts. If Blizz wanted to truly be accurate with those races, they would have udders (for tauren) or multiple breasts/mammary glands going down their stomachs (like wolves and foxes actually do IRL).

I could care less whether dracthyr have breasts. But the arguments people are using are just silly. You can’t sit there and talk about what’s realistic and not realistic when Blizzard has NEVER been consistent on realism with their races. The whole “reptiles/dragons can’t have breasts” argument is even sillier when you look at other dragonkin in the game (like Draconic Mageweavers or Flamescale Wyrmkin) that clearly have breasts.

Really, the only legitimate argument that could be made for dracthyr not having breasts is that Blizzard simply wanted a race that was more androgynous.

Then they should be chromatic dragon magenta, which wouldn’t be very good option wise. Or dragonflight colors. :man_shrugging:

Fixed that for you

The customizations, models and the armour sets, they all look great so far.

Can’t wait to play a green Dracthyr.

1 Like

Dragon Breasts Now!

1 Like

You run on all fours. Most of your animations are aware of your center of gravity.

She-Hulk is a human who becomes a hulk, Dracthyr are Dragonkin who sometimes choose to present themselves as humanoid. Reptiles do not have boobs so neither should Dracthyr, hell I wish they’d remove them from the old Dragonkin models too. Even Alexstrasza and Ysera, two characters who’ve always had revealing outfits in their humanoid form, do not have boobs in their true dragon form.

This isn’t some anti-boob conspiracy or a reaction to the lawsuit, it’s an appearance derived from the scientific fact that reptiles do not have boobs.

5 Likes

Lizards don’t have boobs, dork. They’re not mammals.

7 Likes

Are dragons reptiles though? I mean they hit most check marks but definitely not cold blooded. And besides maybe Big N wanted his perfect army to have bewbs?

All joking aside race looks great and I’m looking forward to maining one at what ever point I can whether it’s a raid comp change or when the other classes rip cord finally gets pulled.

1 Like

They are more like lizard / human hybrids so they could have them.

If I’m a female lizard shapeshifting into a human woman, I’m going to have boobs as a human woman. But I’m not going to have those boobs when I go back to being a lizard.

Drac’thyr are not half-human, they are humanoids (not the same thing.) So… yeah, you’re wrong.

4 Likes

Blizzard devs include massive customization options to make up for the fact that they based this race’s makeup on the illidari, which meant that it would not be compatible with classes other than what they were built for. Half because they cant be arsed to try, and probably also because they are too technically inept.
An adequite flavoring to the writing tbh.

Still waiting on my cobra people.

So seeing that Blizzard is introducing Body types, can we someday see this for other races? (Perhaps give us the option to play as the skinny Kul’Tirans.)

1 Like

… You do know dragons are not mammals and are in fact are actually egg producing reptiles thus have no biological reason for breasts. That their “human” forms are magical and illusory in nature, yeah?

9 Likes

Skinny Kul’Tirans would be incredible. Honestly though, I’d settle for every face option not looking like the same thumb.

2 Likes

This is what I’m saying. The drac’thyr are dragons, and their mortal visage is just a form they change into. And correct me if I’m wrong, but dragons choose how their visage looks, correct? Like how Chromie chooses to be a gnome and Kalec chooses to be a human? It’s magic. So of course a human female form is going to have boobs. The dragon won’t.

This is indeed a segue into the "drac’thyr should be able to take whatever visage they want " argument.

6 Likes

Yep, pretty much this. In fact, Chromie (Chronormu) has a male dragon name so it’s assumed they take the female form instead of male because they prefer the female body.

1 Like

I had to watch that “body option” video 3-4 times before I noticed any real difference.

Judging by this forum, a lot of people prefer the female bod. In kind of a… weird way. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes