Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

So y’all listened about the “they’re too scrawny” complaints and added body scaling. Amazing. Okay so number 4 actually looks pretty good, but any chance we can get just one more scale up for like a real strong appearance?

Chances are no I get that but gonna ask anyways. I think 4 is close but we could use just a lil bit more. Either way I’ll definitely enjoy it a lot more with the new beefed up option and putting some good armor onto it too.

As for everything else? Simply fantastic work! I love the color variations and the armor appearances as well as all of the differing options presented here. It looks really good! Before I was very meh about this new race but now I am actually excited to try them out and making one with all of these variations.

1 Like

As a side note, where ever those dracthyr are looks so pretty.

They look very cool!!! Will we get custom wings? Also, will they have a travel ability like Worgen? Would be a huge wasted opportunity to not allow us to use those wings for actual flight…

1 Like

“Wear your armor with pride.”

We literally won’t be able to since Blizzard has chosen not to give any transmog options for Dracthyr.

So whats the excuse for these goofy looking things to not be able to use transmogs?

1 Like

Can the male dragons not female… make em buffer…

Oh wow. They actually listened to the complaints about body shape.

Oh gods, that’s even worse… Reptilian breasts are bad enough, but one of the draws of Dracthyr for me is that you can just show off the scale patterns and you’re not stuck in a stupid, dumpy set of underwear/bra.

But yeh, I’m definitely in the leave em as they are crowd. It’s nice to have a race that’s so different from the other WoW races.

4 Likes

Alright, so we have body type options now. Would like a little more bulky, but at least we aren’t emaciated anymore. Color and horn options look great. Could we get some head options and of course our armor?

I would really love an option to hide the wings. At the very least, an option to hide the wings outside of combat, since I know some of the abilities use their wings.

My only other real complaint is the lack of race options for humanoid form. Would be nice if you’d just let us use basically any existing race as their humanoid form. I’d really love to play a black dragon that can shift into a dark iron or a tauren instead of just a human or blood elf.

Sorry but alpha heterosexual males are illegal in 2022. Goes against the woke religion.

I like the dragon forms. Do they need the specialized demon Hunter scaly looking human forms with odd faces? Maybe just a few variations on existing races dragons used to take on in lore: humans, elves, and tauren for example.

1 Like

scalies* … and no. * looks at the anthropomorphized cows, foxes, wolfs, pandas, and (space) goats before shrugging *

1 Like

I respectfully disagree! I like that both male and females can be burly/skinny. I do wish we could be More burly yeah, but I don’t want there to be obvious differences between the two because it’s not necessary and most of the time it leads to the ladies looking less cool than the men.

3 Likes

I’m not asking them to take away the skinnyness, Im asking them to add a more buffed model for males for those of us who want a muscly dragon, not a stickman dragon. Then everyone would be happy.

not everybody. hehe. i want female blood elf visage form. its not fair that my only option as a female, is human, a race i’ve played as alliance since vanilla. and it wouldnt hurt if the drac female had something that made her look more female.

2 Likes

so I take it the Worgen should have flat faces and be plantigrade?

News flash - that would look awful and boring

1 Like

These are basically a successful version of Chromatic dragons, not tied to specific flights.

Can we please get a thicker/more buff body style to choose from as well? Also not a big fan of being unable to transmog our characters…

You’re not asking for lizard boobs, are you? Surely that’s not what you mean… Right?

1 Like