Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Don’t forget the Pinecone tails.

WoW dragons were never particularly glamourous to look at by dragon standards, all things considered.

4 Likes

I always wanted a dragon race and/ or class.
I got monkey pawed hard with these.
Careful what you wish for.

Hopefully the devs add drakes as an allied race.
That can take the visage of any existing playable race as their main combat form, but adds draconic customization options such as scales, horns, fangs, spikes, claws, etc.
And can be any class the visage race can be.
And the drake form is just like a mount form.
If you pick a hunter as drake, you get a racial perk of taming some dragonkin.

This reminds me of before mop, with the wrath halloween masks predicting worgen and goblin because of the female faces. So a lot of people figured ogres and vrykul would be the next logical progression with a runemaster class as the hand to hand fighter. Instead we got something feeling very removed from wow proper and that was pandas and monks.

Its pandas and monks all over again.

1 Like

i guess ill be sticking with 12 classes. not a fan of the drathir

1 Like

Not interested until i can have a very chunky sword weilding dragon.

“Wear your armor with pride.”

This is a bit ambiguous. Are you going to relent and let us show our armor finally?

*Preface: I’m assuming these are all the skin colors available, as there’s a very large amount of them. If there is indeed a pink option that just isn’t shown, disregard.

I’m kind of sad there isn’t really any pink colors. Just reddish pink. If you can add purple, which is the Twilight Dragons usually, then Pink should have been fair game as well - as that’s Chromatic/Twilight.

Not to mention the white ones, which aren’t even a dragonflight. Even the one White Drake mount we have says they haven’t determined if it ever even came from a dragonflight.

Just goes back to my thread in CC months ago: The Taboo of the Color Pink

Why can’t we have more pink in WoW? You have all these varied colored Dracthyr, but not pink.

This is made even more confusing, due to the fact we apparently have pink scale options for our Visage Form:

But why not in Dracthyr form?

EDIT: ANd before anyone says something: This is not pink.

This is pink with very heavy reddish undertones, thus creating a new color. Saying this is pink is like saying Orange is Yellow with Strong Red Undertones, but still calling it Yellow.

Panda brewmaster was in Warcraft before WoW

People that don’t know anything about wow shouldn’t be the ones trying to gatekeep what “feels” like it.

4 Likes

???

Pandaren Brewmasteres were like, one of the top player requests for years on end, so much so they were almost added in Burning Crusade as an Alliance race.

1 Like

I don’t see any fur.

2 Likes

It was a gag character.

The original map never included pandaria.

2 Likes

No, it wasn’t.

Didn’t include the Broken Isles or Kul Tiras or Zandalar either.

2 Likes

It’s almost like they explained why Pandaria was never found.

Meanwhile, I don’t see you complaining about the Broken Isles, Kul Tiras, and Zandalar that materialized out of nowhere that have apparently been there the entire time.

Gnomes also only had a couple appearances in Warcraft before they were in WoW - they were literally a last minute addition because Blizzard decided that Alliance shouldn’t have a “monstrous” race - so they scrapped the Furbolg.

And here, 18 years later, Gnomes still have non existent lore other than the explosion of Gnomeregan. A random Gnome NPC, Kelsey, has ssoooooooo much more lore than the leader of the gnomes.

4 Likes

I think they look amazing. I would love to see how close you could get them to look like Deathwing. I am a bit concerned about the humanoid models they have all looked a bit cringe but I am willing to play around in order to make them look cool.

To everyone massively hating on them, just do not play them. Nothing is making you play the Dracthyr.

1 Like

Looks awesome. I can’t wait.

I have been going through these posts and just seeing a lot of people trying to give reasons as to why this race shouldn’t have feminine options like adding breasts. The only arguments have been " They are reptilian and breast formation is strictly mammalian"
“You’re just pervs who want scalie boobs”

Here are my thoughts on this matter, take it leave it, love it, or hate it.

1. They are Anthropomorphic dragons I.E Humanoid dragons so having human characteristics. Last time I checked female humans do have breasts.

2. Women play this game and like to have a reflective representation of themselves ( As a woman, personally I feel a bit erased having a playable race that basically only looks masculine)

3. It’s a fantasy game and should give players a choice. if you don’t want boobs on your Dracthyr that’s your choice you don’t have to use that option. If you are worried about other people and how their character looks. Why are you staring at their character, who’s the real perv?

4. They don’t have to have breasts to look more feminine, there are women who happen to be flat-chested (I know huge shocker. Also I am aware of the contradiction of point #1 but it’s more common for women to have breast formations than not, I digress.) There are other secondary sex characteristics other than breasts. Solution: add an option to increase the hip size, just like they have for the chest. it would diversify the genders and both sides of the argument can be happy.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Please be respectful when replying.
Have a lovely day. <3

3 Likes

How is their sexual dimorphism? Are the females bigger?

1. it’s sexual *dimorphism that you are referring to
  2. They are anthropomorphic as I had already stated…
  3. Actually take the time to read the full post, instead of instant reaction troll posting, thank you.
2 Likes

Whoops, right. I haven’t been proof reading typos and just let the auto correct thing fix it.

Please don’t make assumptions.

God, I miss the male worgen models shown in cata’s alpha testing…

1 Like

When you reply within 20 seconds of my post I can only assume you were not actually putting in a proper thought.

2 Likes