Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

I refer to everybody in character I don’t care if you’re a dude or a girl I will call you a girl. Just like this Tauren is… I think a dude I can’t tell the difference with Taurens. Anyways, time for the menopause :pill:.

So, the most prominent dragons-

Onyxia, Neffarian, Alexstrasza, Norzudormu, Ysera, Neltharian, Chromie, Malygos…

Every single one of them favored a humanoid form. And all of them were clearly sexually dimorphic. Alexstrasza and Ysera even wore outfits that accentuated their female form.

Tauren- or at least tauren males- were well designed. They looked cool. There wasn’t any cloying attempt to make them look visually appealing. Female tauren… not so much. I’d direct people to the Charr race in GW2 for how to do a furry race well. It’s not immediately obvious who’s male and female when they’re in full kit unless you know their tails are slightly different. Blizzard’s art direction was concerned with female tauren because they looked ‘weird’ for not having udders. That was their words, not mine.

2 Likes

Speak for yourself. You dont need to be a armchair psychologist to call people that are therians have some sort of mental illness that should be treated instead of thinking its normal.

its almost like a skit at this point. That is the end of the convo because there is not point talking with a crazy like you.

3 Likes

Idk man I don’t even think the onion could’ve thought up furries that’s too satire even for them.

True, their humanoid forms, which we will be able to put any gear we want when we are using it. Not their draconic forms.

This is actually a good point in favor of the question why dracthyr not dimorphic. At the end of the day all it means for players is we have less customization. People that are pretending to not know what masculine and feminine features are on this forum post are reaching so hard.

They are in their humanoid forms. Just not their draconic forms much like the Dracthyr’s battle form.

Even operating off your logic we have ‘less customization’ in their battle forms we also have the humanoid forms which are male and female and mean we already have more customization than worgens ever did since those were just humans.

True, but then the question goes to… there body proportion makes it seem like dracthyr doesnt actually have a battle form and more of a gamer\bus driver body form.

Like compare chad orcs arms to dracthyr arms. A orc could snap them in half.

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with how they look myself.

I like them having different body options.

Less of a fan of not being able to wear pants, but I can live with it.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. Of the four body types shown the only one I can say I vaguely like is the fourth form since it has at least some heft to it in the form of muscle. I know it’s intended to be a ‘caster class’ but I’d have preferred them putting the race first in that regard!

1 Like

I still find it crazy they put all that investment into a race that can only be played by one class.

Cool,like the armor especial the horn deco!
Now ,I’m going to have a hard decision.

1 Like

I really love how there are a variety of options available for customization! My only complaint would be to push it just a bit further with the body shape options - I look at the preview video and can’t help but feel as if there could be an even bulkier option. They are definitely a step in the right direction but the body styles don’t have super drastic differences from one another.

2 Likes

True, true, that is a bit of a disappointment. Best we’ve gotten for other classes is a ‘maybe’ so far as I remember but at least they don’t seem outright against the possibility of more classes over time.

I’m pretty sure ion said eventually they will be able to. But since it’s ion that means by the time the servers shut down it’ll be possible.

The yellow one looks cool. I would like to be able to fart while flying.

Just eat some beans and onions that would do. and no dragon chili.

1 Like

Can we get some dragon people who dont look like furry profile pictures?

Joke’s on you. All dragons are furry profile pictures.

I will fly faster than everyone else! With a secret flying boost!

3 Likes

I love what they have done. It may take me an hour to make my toon with all the options that they have, sooooo much fun.

Can you folks keep a secret? I have a fantasy that I am a hunter with a whole new world of things to tame. Shush now.

2 Likes