Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

Because Blizzard was able to make content where the Tauren didn’t look stupid. They haven’t been able to do that with the other furry races.

They’re still a furry regardless of your reasoning. They’re the original furry. Hate one, hate them all.

8 Likes

The guy who helped build dracthyr has furry art on his twitter. I dont care as i wont be playing them anyway, but to say that most people find furry humanoids weird to look at and would prefer something less fury is not hard to believe.

Some people on these forums are trying hard to defend it while everybody basically wants a less fury model.

1 Like

Yeah, and I stand by it. You’re playing a video game where you pretend to be a Native American minotaur that turns into bears and trees. Lots of people would call that pretty weird.

Furries have always been the designated “at least I’m not that weird” group that loser tryhards picked to feel superior to, since they don’t meet anybody in real life that they can feel that way about.

It’s really pitiful to see people like you and always has been.

3 Likes

Sheesh somebody forgot the menopause medicine.

4 Likes

Why do dragons care about looking feminine or masculine in their anthromorphic forms again? It’s not unreasonable to draw inferences based on what the game presents you with already.

No, the problem is that the dracthyr forms look creepy. Why do they even have humanoid forms? Why are they standing upright? Why are they not wearing anything? If they’re standing upright, why do they still have feet designed like they’re quadrupeds? Those would not be comfortable to stand on. Why do they have well designed snouts instead of flat faces?

You can usually judge the quality of an anthro-morph based on how clear it is the creator has no background in biology or zoology. Dracthyr look weird and they’d all be in wheel chairs and neckbraces before they’re 30 because their necks are too long, their heads have a snout for some reason and their feet are designed like they walk on all fours. The wings do not work because Dracthyr can’t fly, period, and unlike for a earth-bound bird like chickens and ostrich they provide no utility. They’re just a massive liability. And of course because the Dracthyr have massive horns, and shoulder-attached wings, they’re top heavy. Smack one with a big hammer or something and they’ll fall right over.

It only gets worse when you consider existing races are languishing in obscurity. Human dreadlocks look terrible. Nightborne have almost no customization options. Worgen males have seven face options and six are variations of, “Am I a good boy?” Troll males and back problems. Tons of Pre-WOD armor sets desperately need model and skin updates desperately. Warrior’s Embrace is still in the game, 100% untouched. Blizzard looked at all this and decided that what they really needed to do was add creepy humanoid lizards who would go extinct in under 5 years? I mean, genocide happens every two years in Warcraft lore but that’s still pretty bad!

3 Likes

Yea im not pretending to be anything, i play wow so i can do PVP i dont roleplay as my character at all.

You are literally saying my experience with dealing with furries is fake. I went to school with people that would wear diapers’ and fury suits and have fury orgies and roleplay, the whole nine yards.

1 Like

Breasts are for milk. Drakthyr were made, not born. It is reasonable enough to believe they cannot reproduce sexually. Therefore they don’t need breasts. Not everything has to be sexualized.

2 Likes

Good for them, sounds like they enjoyed themselves.

Don’t be a judgy loser.

Because dragons are reptiles and lay eggs so they don’t need breasts.

1 Like

I mean i will be, they lured people that had mental illnesses into there group and took advantage of them, they wear dragon t-shirts from a kids show. Its mental illness for adults and i can judge people as much as i want.

dress up in a animal costume, roleplay as a animal and do other weird things, then expect people not to judge you. LOL

1 Like

It’s extra funny seeing attempts to be dismissive with sexism when I’m definitely a dude lol

Ah now you’re an armchair psychologist. Lmao the hole keeps going deeper.

1 Like

I think at that point it’s more mental illness than being a furry

Because people try to say they are a Minotaur (tauren) or Werewolf (Worgen) as a claim to those races somehow being different, as if comparing them to mythological things makes them not have fur.

1 Like

I mean i have only met that group from college but from what i read online maybe its correlated. roleplaying as animals and wearing diapers just for fun is just weird and strange.

3 Likes

Oh trust me it’s correlated lol.

Its completely possible to make them look more feminine without giving them breasts (which I agree would look weird). But they all don’t need to look male by default which it seems like they really do.

“I’m this sort of furry instead of that sort of furry.”

Those poor, poor souls.

2 Likes

These guys are looking pretty good! I wish there were some different wing options and maybe a blacker black scale color but overall i’m pretty happy with everything i have seen customization wise. (I still think they need proper xmog but its not a total deal breaker for me)
but my biggest issue remains the lack of classes available to this “race.”
But as for the models themselves, I think they look pretty good!

3 Likes

Why play a worgen without the worgen form? At that point off you’re better off playing a human.

JFC people really will complain about anything and everything wont they?

5 Likes