Dragonflight Preview: A Closer Look at the Dracthyr

…but its an artist that does furry art, why would it be suprising her other artwork looks the same?

you’re the one who is acting like that would be a bad thing

2 Likes

Still wanna be able to use the visage form in combat, but…i am less worried about it

(because both recycle the same body model from fem worgen)

‘…by Human standards.’ You forgot that part of your sentence.

1 Like

I’m not, I’m acting like I don’t care, because I don’t. Anthropomorphized lizards look like anthropomorphized lizards? Stop the $%&*ing presses.

Lots of other losers that have tied their entire personalities into being Internet edgelords act like it’s a bad thing, because hating furries makes them feel like they belong to something.

5 Likes

Lawsuit reasons? Are you kidding me?

How about ‘reptiles are not mammals’ reasons?

8 Likes

I think they look great. The colors and customizations are amazing!

I like the fact that they have at least some very nice armor options for the dragon model, but I hope more will be added.

Being able to bulk up in the options is a really cool feature!

“This is just a sampling of the variety of options that players will have at their fingertips to create their Dracthyr Evoker to carry them into new adventures in the Dragon Isles.”

I can’t wait to see more! :heart:

2 Likes

As was said in the line directly below the quoted one:
Dragonkin which do have breasts, do not change shape.

And Dragonkin != Dragons, Dragonkin do not change unless they use their own magic, to disguise themselves with an illusion, to make them look like something else.

Dragons have a special form that is a part of their being they change into called their visage form, generally one look they choose at their naming to look like, that can be whatever they want, of which Drackthyr do this way as well having a visage form, as such are much closer to the Dragons they are designed after, than the creatures known as Dragonkin.

And Visage form has breasts because it is a race that has them if female, Dragons do not, and Drackthyr do not.

4 Likes

It’s the same thing. Both use magic to transform themselves.
It’s not illusions.

1 Like

Looks great, but as always, people gotta find something to complain about because it doesn’t have this, that and the other. :roll_eyes: Blizz posting this topic was a mistake, I just knew it would become such a mess.

6 Likes

In completely different fashions, so if one wants to look at it from a completely simplified point to where there is no difference, sure.

I think people are also forgetting that Neltharion created these to be the perfect soldier. He wanted the adaptability traits of the humanoids, not their pathetic, frail bodies.

They just want dem dragon tiddies.

3 Likes

Love them, hope there are orange options as well!

(Edit: Also hope you can increase the head size.)

1 Like

Nice work. A lot of the options look very nice.

2 Likes

Yes, more feminine, like boobies, long lashes and a tiny bow on their head.

Cmon! They are dragons, they have no sexual dimorphism

9 Likes

This doesn’t really explain why dracthyr couldn’t have breasts. The wyrmkin example shows that there’s a precedent for dragonkin/dragon-like creatures having breasts in-game. The basic argument that people are using is that dragonkin/dragon-like creatures shouldn’t be able to have breasts since they’re reptiles. And yet, we have creatures like that in-game that date all the way back to classic.

Also, the visage thing doesn’t prove anything, considering that Blizz has not delved very deep into dracthyr lore yet. There’s nothing in the lore currently that says having the ability to have a visage form would affect their dracthyr appearance and whether or not they could have humanoid features like breasts. Saying so is just speculation at this point.

2 Likes

Those creatures also started out as the mortal races though. They’re basically humans infused with Dragon magic. I think the Dracthyr are more Dragons infused with mortal whatever.

4 Likes

These “dragons” have a serious case of Microcephaly.

Spyro was a more intimidating dragon.

2 Likes

The Yassification of Drac’thyr

1 Like

Seeing as how the Drachtyr appearance has been made & shown and they do not have them, makes it not speculation, they were designed to not have them.

4 Likes