Dragonflight New Race/Class Combinations

Better than the trash story we got.
Another copout of “ThErE’s An EvEn BIGGER BaDdIe!” — which was fine the first time, or perhaps here & there again along the way again – but with the Jailor it was ridiculous because aside from that having being a repeated trope in WoW already, there was also the fact that the Jailor was already so detrimentally threatening to the cosmos already. Having apparently played the Legion, rerouting souls and screwing around with the light, void and Titans + First Ones … Well, to put it simply –

He’s literally a contradiction to his ‘goal’.

… So yeah, Denathrius or Primus (or both working together actually, would be a good ordeal) using him to unravel the borders of death to advance their realms greater in the long run, would be :100: times better.

Heck, even if it was revealed the Jailor was being puppeteered by a meme character who pops up and never shows up again, all like "You thought it was the Jailor … But it was me! DIO!" before porting out – I’d be fine with that more than what we got.

1 Like

No, no it would not be. Warlocks by their very nature are the outcasts of their society with few exceptions, namely goblins, gnomes, and undead.

Light-obsessed humans, with Warlocks?! Slaughtered Lamb Inn.
Night Elf mages? Shan’drelar Highborne reunification.
Pragmatic, atheist, science-based gnomes with priests? The Light is wielded by acknowledgement of it’s existence and understanding of its form and medicinal function.
Gnome Hunters? About time.

Orc paladins? Why not? We have Orc priests, Tauren Rogues, Lightforged Draenei Rogues wielding Shadow Magic, Tauren mages now too. It’s not of question of why or if anymore, but when these races - all races - will get class x, y and z.

7 Likes

My vote would’ve gone to Kimbul. For honor he didn’t accept new followers until his former ones had been saved from their curse. That demonstrates a solid grasp of loyalty that feels like something Zandalar would’ve greatly benefited from, and would’ve been a good virtue for a new Loa King.

I might also be wrong, but I swear some of his powers came off looking vaguely, ‘Light,’ themed too, the way Rezan’s did for the Prelates.

1 Like

They can’t. Ysera can’t even leave Ardenweald.

I think the next class they will open up (at least some) might be shaman, given the themes of the expansion. I am sort of curious what some races totems would look like.

1 Like

Even then, it has to be a greater or even exchange for her to even come back temporarily. It’s not something permanent

Humans can have little stone statuettes of Anduin with an IOU note attached for the Stonemason’s Guild.

4 Likes

Do not describe what night elf shaman totems will look like!!!

We all know the answer, but do not say it.

1 Like

Burnt tree biscuits?

Was that too soon?

3 Likes

Shasha.

I told you not to describe it. Now apologize for offending the night elves.

It’s Dragonflight time, and we’re all choosing renewal and being friends with Toddy.

2 Likes

At least equivalent.

1 Like

I whole heartily apologize for eating burnt biscuits and not sharing any with the lovely Toddy.

Please don’t hurt the innocent dragon boy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Scampers off to secretly stalk his boy Sabellion

1 Like

They could just paint it off as:

“Yeahnah, Winter Queen was BS’ing because she needs Ysera desperately for her realm & court - after enduring so many losses.”

You have just lost any right to chastise Blizzard for “bad writing”.

No, I haven’t. :slight_smile:

Majority of the playerbase despised Shadowlands :man_shrugging:
— So retconning as much of it as we can would be better off for the story, the game and the players.

I’m enjoying the story & quests from Dragonflight so far, so hopefully they continue that kind of writing.
:sunglasses: :+1: :+1:

This forum doesn’t represent any significant fraction of the playerbase. Just a couple of dozen regular often angry posters who keep funneling subscriptions to a game they claim to hate.

2 Likes

I knew this comment was going to come along. :roll_eyes:

I never implied that the data came from forums alone. If you want to have wilful naivety & ignorance on that, then that’s on you.

Where does your data come from? Did you take surveys in Orgrimmar and Stormwind? Most people who post in forums represent on a disproportionate level, people who like to argue and/or gripe.

Is it your argument that the majority of players either liked or were ambivalent to Shadowlands then?

1 Like

Addiction can be a powerful thing.

And yes, you can be addicted to something you despise.

1 Like