Dragonflight: Major Factions Overview

Honestly, the only problem is the name. In practice, it feels much more engaging have these smaller reward steps every 1k rep instead of having the gaps be something like “1 day → 3 days later → 1 week later → 3 weeks later.”

1 Like

I’m rolling with Baron Sablemane.

Welp I be Glad Not to worry about the fallowing:

Dragonscale Expedition: "Yeah It make me yerin What we got in pandiara then Well What we have to deal with these lots.

I will miss The time where we use to clash with Alliance every now and then…

Iskaara Tuskarr: I never like nor bother why Obssseon with these fatty Bloat wallest men… So far Lore for them is out of whack that They may break cannon make them playable for the nut bar, For them… Well Given how they mostly kid nap Wolvar children and no one know what happen to the kids… Just saying They are worst kind of evil I kidna wish the lich king have purge of… Just saying.

Maruuk Centaur: In Wow I know Centaur are dirty smelling Tirbal back water race taht fight any one I can hardly see we make peace with Any Centaur Kialmdor one show me much Most them Just out for them self…

Valdrakken Accord: I thought this was still the age of mortals And still going… And I hope they Still keep as such I mean… dragons so far not done much And there time is nearly up Hopefuly this age of dragon will pass on as we focus on better stuff…

That be said I prey At the end Alliance go mad with the light and power and end up Siege of Stromwind…

Oh yes… Please let this come to past… Soon please bring this counter so life:

Just end on good note Kicking some zealot light butts.

I’ll admit, I’m intrigued by this.

2 Likes

You brought back the renown system? Why would you do that?

What’s wrong with a renown system that is basically reputation (1,000 rep per renown level) and without covenants?

2 Likes

Do I have to join any of these factions or can they be completely ignored?

The article says I can earn renown in all these factions but doesn’t tell me if I can ignore them.

You don’t join them, they aren’t a covenant. They’re factions like any reputation you would otherwise grind out with Friendly/Honored/Revered/Exalted. The steps between rewards are just smaller.

2 Likes

That’s good, maybe they should have changed what it’s called and the UI, because it immediately looked like covenants part 2 when I saw the screenshot.

I wont be the last person to immediately get angry.

Renown is just Neo-Reputation grind lmao nothing new here, just the same ole system reboxed and rebranded lmao the lack of creativity in this Theme Park game is astounding

2 Likes

It’ll be clear that it isn’t covenants once in game, as you’ll be able to access the system by only doing a few quests in each area.

They should make it immediately clear in big bold letters in this article at the top: “This is not the same system you saw in Shadowlands, and you don’t have to join any of them. We just reused the UI.”

Otherwise, it’s bad marketing for those of us who actively hate Shadowlands.

1 Like

True, there could have been better ways to present it as different, especially with the name, but the damage has already been done. Anyone that reads the article will realize that their immediate anger is unfounded.

love the system, not real happy with the current 2500 rep PER renown and needing like 60000 rep to get a mount, lol…or 40000 to get a backpack mog
That needs fixed pronto.

1 Like

But how else will blizzard keep us playing for the next six months? lol

I understand the frustration. My plan going in is just to enjoy these things and not try to grind them at all. When you are doing things for the end reward, it makes whatever you are doing feel like work.

But they will for sure run into the problem of people feeling like they have chores again.

1 Like

I dont think you have to join anything.,
Its just rep…literally, like always…except swapping out ‘friendly’ and ‘exalted’ with levels of renown instead.
Its not as bad as theyre making it sound in here. lol.

The problem right now on beta is it WAS 1000 per renown level…not horrible…but they just changed it to 2500. TOTALLY unacceptable.
Im sure itll get fixed (or some of us wont be playing much lol)

Seems good to me, I think the nit picking over the word use of “renown” is the standard overly critical , often over kill level negativity that I would only assume Blizzard staff should be used to seeing with pretty much every single expansion.

So all that is par for the course.

You can’t please everyone/you will always have people that are upset about something.

I’m most interested in the Valdrakken Accord.

I want to check out the crafting system, I dig exploration in games and new transmogs are always good (usually, some of them look terrible at times).

Anyway…cool.

1 Like

We will see how it plays out, I personally think it’s a mistake to tie a reward system to any of these at all.

its literally the same kind of rep system, just using different terminology.
I like it because at each renown level, something opens up or you get something from it.

2 Likes

There’s no player power tied to it, so if you’re after power, you can ignore it entirely.

1 Like