Dragonflight: Major Factions Overview

Dragonflight: Major Factions Overview

Dragonflight ushers in a unique way to progress with Major Factions. Earn Reputation to unlock Renown ranks and access to rewards when you assist denizens of the Dragon Isles.

View Full Article

13 Likes

I knew it would happen here it comes!

3 Likes

Reputation locks are standard, but why use renown ranks?
Just let those systems die already.

14 Likes

Not to be a hater but some of the sentences flow awkward

2 Likes

A welcome return to basic fantasy!

13 Likes

I’m liking what I’m seeing; theres an overarching emphasis on exploration and interaction with the environment as opposed to maguffin collecting and honestly having an expansion that is predicated on such is a refreshing idea.

22 Likes

I just want to know what that cute little thing in the lower right of the image is and can I adopt him as a pet?

:cookie:

4 Likes

So happy that I can work on all these renown levels at once, hopefully this article will dispel the lie that covenants are back.

2 Likes

Grappling hook?

2 Likes

The actual system they are using and UI is fine but it BAFFLES me that they decided to use the word “renown” in ANY of the communication on these factions, it’s an extremely dumb PR move. To be clear the rep system they are using in dragonflight is great and nothing like shadowlands but choosing to use a shadowlands term for it is so dumb.

6 Likes

Why it should die? It only has 1 iteration from SL and DF has a different approach.

It works like a battle pass with small goals every few levels, same effect couldn’t be accomplished with previous system that only has like Friendly, Honored, Revered, Exalted and then a vendor with all the items, It’s simple for me but Devs want to change the progress path to a more goal oriented version.

True.

2 Likes

For the love of all that is decent, please tell me you don’t plan on gunking up my inventory. It’s not fun and engaging gameplay. Dragonscale expedition items are making me worry. In fact SL is killing my inventory with the sheer number of crafting materials and I’m tempted to say eff it and just vend them all.

1 Like

Yeah, a different word would make people look at it more positively , but it is the same system. I personally love the renown (not the word, just how it works in comparison to only rep), makes things much less confusing and adds more incentives.

4 Likes

so whens is arch going to be put in df

10 Likes

Still amazing how people react like the babies from the early parts of brave new world. Y’all see a word for anything that happened to be received poorly and then treat it like the plague.

5 Likes

Maybe try to think of it from the perspective of someone who doesn’t play WoW 7 days a week and has a life outside of the game. They’ll see the word “renown”, they’ll think 'oh blizzard is doing the shadowlands stuff again, I’m not interested" and they’ll be turned off. Not everyone is a die hard wow fan who reads wowhead and knows everything about the new systems and how they work.

1 Like

Fully read through the article, I already knew a lot of it, but the Waygates seem like a nice quality of life feature. From the look of it, this will be some nice fun content for those who are mainly open world players such as myself.

6 Likes

That’s me right now, and has been for years. Like hell I am eating lunch right now at work.

Also I am an adult, and I can actively control my environment and responses to a great deal many things in my life. Especially words from a video game.

And you can also take the other extreme, that since people are so whimsically invested in the game. They likely hadn’t even touched the SL renown system. So why would they have revulsion to the usage of the word renown for DF?

Y’all want outdoor content here they are. Or content besides the big THREE.

1 Like

I really do like how they didn’t go the predictable route and have all the reps different Dragonflights. A nice reminder that while the Dragons are the stars, they aren’t the only players.

9 Likes