Dragonflight in 2023 – The Road Ahead

Ugh… wack.

:face_exhaling:

2 Likes

10.0.7 will contain a new quest campaign and repeatable world content set in the Forbidden Reach, as the dracthyr return to their place of confinement to learn more about their origins and their destiny.

OMG YES SO HYPED :dracthyr_a1: :dracthyr_a2:

Was expecting to have to wait till like 10.3.5 for this so happy yay also perfect opportunity to make it clear there’s ZERO limitations on Dracthyr visage and set up an easy future win of giving Dracthyr a proper visage once you have time to implement it :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Thank you so very much for showing us a road map Ms. Longdale. This is the kind of communication we need. A general idea of time-tables and where we’re headed will help tremendously.

1 Like

Very. Good thing I didn’t get hyped up lol.

2 Likes

Appreciate the communication. Waiting for follow through.

This is great to see and fills me with a lot of hope. Seeing you all focusing on a better cadence of content release is a great thing.

Just as good is seeing the focus on open world stuff. While I end up spending so much of my time in M+ or raiding, the world feeling so dead these past few years really makes the game so dreary. For example, holiday events literally being copy and paste events for the past… I don’t know, decade? Has been a real downer. The MMORPG aspect of the game really has felt diminished in recent expansions.

I’ve had a blast in both instanced content of DF and the open-world. I hope it can continue!

I assume its going to be 5 months from now. Most major patches are every 6 months or so.

Blizz is on a roll.

I think what this comment brushes by is that for many people, myself included, BG’s are the “real game” after the levelling process. Other than campaign story quests Ill just watch cut-scenes from the raids on youtube because I don’t wish to be a part of the IO grind but still want to witness the story. Otherwise playing BG’s is the only thing I participate in with WoW (I have in previous expansions grinded through Mythic and Raids, its just not my preferred way to play). To stay subbed for multiple months just waiting for campaign quests to trickle in is ridiculous, which is why PVE and PVP systems exist and which is why I’m posting here to mention one of those systems havent had any new content for almost half a decade.

I wouldnt ever wish for other content to be sidetracked for BG’s and ALSO vice versa.

1 Like

Having an actual content roadmap is wholly appreciated. Even if it doesn’t end up on track, it really helps players know what to look forward to.

Please fix the lag in zones caused by community events, largely attended world quests etc before adding more content

ADD MORE TANK/HEAL SPECS TO THE GAME
Rogues - Evasion-style tank
Shaman - Earth themed tank
Warlock/Hunter - Massive pet tanking
Mages - Ley+Time themed healer

At the moment so much of us are suffering waiting for people to join our parties because most classes can’t perform these roles. When I play Rogue and all my friends are DPS it’s… a very sad situation.

This sounds promising, but Ill take a “wait and see” approach since dtails are a bit vague at this point.

Other games like Anthem have had ambitious roadmaps too.

Dude. Stop complaining about content. They’re different teams. They can and should do both.

Im not complaining about content “dude”. Stop bootlicking.

1 Like

I have the same feeling: I don’t play Draenei, troll and pandaren but i think that they should have a higher priority because of the warfronts sets: They have racial armors and weapons.
The others? If the draenei have some stuff from Draenor but only for clothes and plate if memory serve well, Darkspear trolls have close to nothing in HD.
As for the pandarens, nothing since MoP and monk hardly count as it’s one class, not an armor for every pandaren.

I guess that they will do their favorite first rather than filling the void for the Roleplayers.

1 Like

they are terrible at using an image that makes sense.

like when they announced metzen coming back they used a sad grey old azeroth image. it looked like it was a sad news lol

Appreciate the roadmap, thank you. Please consider not neglecting queable group content going forward. Since BFA the only new dungeons we have gotten that can be queued for immediately are when an expansion launches.

1 Like

You literally said:

Which reads to me like you are complaining that they are planning to add more stuff while they still haven’t fixed the lag. Sorry if I misread that.

How am I bootlicking? You said, “Don’t add new stuff until you fix what we have.”

I said: “Add new stuff and fix what we have.” That’s objectively a higher bar. I’m not making excuses for them not fixing the lag. I’m saying that fixing the lag should not be an excuse to delay or to not announce new content.

2 Likes

Before I click this link, be apprised that I will be looking for a miraculous return of Arthas, after the butchering that happened to his story in Slands.

If there is none, I will be … displeased. (Yeah, to make it clear, I expect to be very displeased about that).