Dragonflight feels like the Alliance getting a "happily ever after" moment

The history of the worgen proper have been retcon’d at least twice and most players today actually joined in Wrath-Cata era

And well no

Blizzard put the Playable Race as Worgen which was a Human Worgen Kingdom that had an internal struggle because of the curse but that the “curse was [their] greatest strength”

That was the fantasy sold. Blizzard failed to deliver. Death of the Author and all that.

5 Likes

And she learned from that being a worgen does not define them, nor even being a human. That they as a people are defined by being Gilneans firsts.

1 Like

I feel like either what I’ve said thus far has either gone completely over your head, or you’re responding to me while choosing not to engage with what I’ve been discussing.

8 Likes

Something worgens cant have cause its just a curse

Gilneas had multiple overlapping struggles. The struggle with the Scourge, the Worgen, the Forsaken, and last but not least the internal civil war between the factions led by Greymane and Godfrey.

1 Like

And yet, they absolutely could.

A heritage quest focusing on the legacy of worgen-hood would address things like Alpha Prime. It would address Arugal. It would address the Scythe of Elune. And it would address Gilneas.

It took me two minutes to think of what I’d throw into a quest chain that addresses the heritage of worgen specifically.

6 Likes

And my statement stands

This was the fantasy sold to players. This was the fantasy chosen by players. That despite the curse, being a worgen was viewed as a cultural necessity. That they were choosing a playable race that was a Kingdom of Human Werewolves.

The game has thoroughly undermined the “werewolves” bit and thoroughly uplifted the “humans” bit. It is undermining the player choice of Chosen Fantasy. It is undermining the rules and setting they agreed to, and is undermining their engagement to the game thus.

The motivation for which, at the end of the day, I suspect, is that Some Of The Writers want Tess to marry Anduin probably.

6 Likes

so druid heritage ok lol

so the worgens cant be worgens cause the writers want tess to marry anduin lol what

Not so much a druid thing but a very specific Night Elf screwup.

WoW needs to reach the Bare minimum standard set forth by the excellent narrative foothold presented by…

checks notes

A…Five year old trailer for a Card game expansion.

8 Likes

If there is any place in Azeroth that merits the Witchwood name, it has to be Drustvar.

although hitching that to the worgen would have given us the fattest werewolves in history.

Wow needs to be less carebear not more

…“We are the Beasts the Monsters Fear” is carebare to you?

1 Like

yeah heartstones pretty carebear to me, wow needs to be not as edgy as bfa was but defs not what dragonflight was

Yeah! let’s go back go the days when only one or two percent of the playerbase ever got to see all of the content!

BFA Was Edge with No point, where as “We are surrounded but you’re locked in here with us” has teeth aimed in a very specific direction.

Like, Yeah, Hearthstone has edge and purposes more so than WoW Does, and that’s more of a Condemnation for WoW than anything else because Hearthstone is an over-monetized storefront masquerading as a Card Game.

3 Likes

I mean storywise, raiding and content should be very accessible more than it is now even

I dont believe this is true Hearthstone is just a vibe no story, and wow needs a good story not a good vibe

Agreed.

How do you think we get a good story without a good vibe?

If the Vibes are atrocious then the quality of the story is irrelevant

1 Like