Dragonflight Decay = Faster than any other expansion?

M+ groups are harder to fill than ever before.
Each group takes at least 20 minutes.
Then the dungeons themselves are the most terrible design with excessive mob mechanics overlapping season + weekly affix to the point where some combinations are simply unplayable.
I’ve never had more groups fall apart than in DF. Makes me feel hopeless like there’s no point in playing anymore.

I’m either just getting older and realizing this game isnt as fun as previous expansions or the new developers and designers are just really really terrible at their job and should go back working at McDonald’s.

5 Likes

Do you have the stats proving this?

2 Likes

anecdotal
really low keys (<5), 16s, and 20s fill very fast. slowest bracket to fill is 10-15 and 22s+ are kinda slow depending on time/day of the week

how it was in SL s3 and s4 from what i remember anyway
late season keys below 15 and above 4/5 took forever to fill then too

Tried 4 times today to fill a +18 Nokhud (60+ min total search time), not possible. No Tank or Healer applied, got 2.7k io shown as my main. Game feels super dead tbh. Not surprised tho. Another reason why major patches should not take ~6 months but rather 4 months MAX.

1 Like

Disagree. I don’t want a rushed season constantly feeling like I must do x or y to stay relevant. I’m enjoying grinding up alts having finished what I wanted on my pally. Missing 2 portals, but in no rush to get them.

It’s a great time to play something else if you’re so inclined or do a classic hardcore or, idk, meet a girl or something.

5 Likes

i can’t say i’ve had any issues forming or joining groups :dracthyr_shrug:

I can’t really either, but I’m also just doing 16s and it’s a popular level. Didn’t struggle to fill my keys from 16-20 earlier this week either…

I did have a bit of a time filling 12 No on my baby shaman, but it’s probably just the dungeon.

1 Like

game is rated T and targeting a T audience. you’re rated “Grandpa”. Come back when you’re a T again.

Then dont play if you dont want to? 4 months is perfectly reasonable, or should everyone wait until Johnny geared is 8 alts and cleared 20+ keys? DF is stale if there was other content sure but rn its 1 raid 8 dungens on repetition mode. Give me more or make faster major patch cycles.

1 Like

They literally have us a new area and new ring. This the most active season in a long time. I have no issues finding people but from the sounds of it you are putting restrictions when listing group. Any time I see a group with ilvl requirement I don’t sign up.

I find groups 20+ easily in any role Im playing so doubt dead game.

It’s become quite apparent to me the game devs are either clueless, or don’t care, probably both. All the parts are there, but there’s zero attempt by blizz at getting them to work together in an interesting or meaningful way.

It’s like the xpac was built via a marketing check-list. No passion, talent, or competence.

I find that groups fill incredible fast.

Sometimes the issue is comp building. In dragon flight the team will invite anyone with IO, and forget they have all range and no melee kick, or all melee and with spites that really is too healing intensive.

Comps still matter, especially with the affix’s.

The hardest issue is finding consistent healers who can handle the content. Took me 4 druids this week to find one who could keep the DPS alive on Odyn in HoV during grievous. Its unfortunate to get to the last boss of a dungeon and have the key ripped from the rune dot while people are finding their rune. I personally feel like grievous somehow effects druid healing more than other classes? I’m not entirely sure, but maybe I’ve just been unlucky on a really great push week.

I’m finding +20s pretty fast as a 2.7k rated tank

To be fair, even if your main is 2700, if you are on a 2200 toon people won’t find that super attractive.

Why don’t you take your own advice. Don’t play.

how would you say your work enthusiasm is? are you excited to give it your best every Monday morning?

This is called ‘whataboutism’, and is tangential to the OP.

While I can’t give you drop-off numbers, we can see achievement numbers. Currently DF is about equal with Shadowlands S3 as far as KSC and KSM earned. SL S3 was down a whole lot from S1 and even S2, SL S1-4 KSC was 28.3%, 24.6%, 22%, 17.9%, DFS1 is currently 22.4%. Hitting Shadowlands S3 numbers isn’t exactly great and next season given the dungeons and upgrade system you can be sure the numbers will dip even further.

no, it illustrates that the expectation does not meet reality.

1 Like

That makes no sense… Expectations often don’t match reality, I never argued otherwise. And when they don’t it makes sense to call it out and (hopefully) correct it.

We paid for a product that is sub par, poorly implemented, and lacks any sort of passion or competency in it’s execution.