Dragonflight Covenants

Imagine playing a death knight during legion and swearing yourself to the red dragonflight.

Awkward.

8 Likes

I think it would be pretty cool if they took it a new direction; if instead of committing yourself to a single flight, you had access to each one and they each granted you a different benefit which grew in power if you delivered a particular currency to them or went further down a skill tree. You could go all in on one flight or spread it around depending on what you needed.

If you DO have to commit to a single flight, Iā€™d appreciate a better explanation for the exclusion. Something along the lines of ā€œAlthough we are working together with the other dragons, our powers can only work with someone who has been specifically attuned to our flight.ā€

Would be cool thematically, but Iā€™m afraid what this translates to in blizz-speak is a chore-like system where most people still have to commit to one, or feel pressured to grind all. We wonā€™t enjoy doing something we feel like we have to do, and the option to do so always makes us feel we must.

1 Like

What if what you worked for one single convenant can be freely transferred to another one if you want but there is a cool down so you canā€™t keep switching?

1 Like

Yeah, that could totally work. Then they could tie it to cosmetics and borrowed power, and narrative and it wouldnt feel bad at all, and if it sucked then they could just let you switch freely later and it would still feel totally relevant.

Reds.

MY LIFE FOR THE DRAGONQUEEN!

I just hope they take this opportunity to update Kalecgos. His poly face is ugly.

I have a hard time believing Jaina was dating him for a few years.

6 Likes

True but theyā€™re only boring because weā€™ve been dealing with cosmic-level threats for multiple expansions now. Warcraft has some rich history with dragon lore and, boring or not, it was familiar and widely tolerated among the player base. Nobody is having a fit when Alexstrasza suggests we go complete a task or adventure. Even Wrathion is an interesting enough character that Iā€™m curious to his agenda and whatever scheme he may be up to. But dragons are small beans compared to cosmic pantheon.

My guess is what they lack in interesting lore they will (attempt to) make up for in fan-service inspired classes and allied races.

I hope he dies. Heā€™s too cringe to live.

First off he appears as generic fantasy adventure lad. Looks like the same wonderbread tier generic protagonist on the cover of discount fantasy books so boring I often stopped reading them to actually pay attention in gradeschool.

And of course he appears as a half elf because he tool feels caught between worlds. Ugh. And of course he dated not just Jania but also, the Sunwell. Which materialized as a sexy anime human milkmaid.

Between that and Varian ā€œthere are two wolves inside youā€ Wrynn Iā€™d be more than happy to just pretend all of the BC multimedia never existed.

8 Likes

Rule34 here we go

5 Likes

Tha would imply that weā€™re remaining in the Shadlowlands. With the sky closing up again, I doubt it.

Uhmā€¦ No? The covenant system isnā€™t referring to the specific Shadowlands covenants. Itā€™s the game system.

We saw mission tables return every expansion after WoD. You can re-use old systems.

3 Likes

Anveena is probably the most bizarre thing in lore

5 Likes

Wellā€¦ Many of my Dwarves have been associated with Dragons in one way or another. So, assuming they have all of the Flights representedā€¦

• Ryu here has ties with the Green Dragonflight due to being raised by the Kaldorei.
  • His Brother Bowen became magically bonded to a Black Dragon on Outland before the start of BC.
  • Bowenā€™s Daughter Nimue may be the closest associated with the Blue, due to her having some magical training in the enchanting arts in Dalarian.
  • My Shaman Doseki has been a Broze watcher for hundreds of years in RP and since Dwarves could roll shaman in-game.

I may just keep them as is, but it would help with their stories. I donā€™t really have anyone associate with the Red Flight however.

3 Likes

Well, now I have to do that.

1 Like

Unfortunately you cannot ignore the TBC multimedia as the aftermath of those events do take place in game. Patch 2.4 for the sunwell trilogy. The Netherstorm questline with Tyrygosa and the Nexus War in Wrath for the Shadowing duology.

1 Like

Bronze Dragonflight is the only cool one.

Whichever one is ideal for my spec.

I wonder if Senegos finally died.

1 Like

A different game.

3 Likes