Dragonflight Covenants

If the covenant system returns but are dragonflights, which would you pick?

4 Likes

Depends. If player power is tied to them I’m not picking up Dragonflight at all. Assuming it isn’t, hmm idk. Black if its an actual option because I’m edgy. If not red because Alexstrazsa is hot.

3 Likes

No choice is meaningful because dragons are insanely boring and don’t do anything other than sit around being elves that lay eggs

15 Likes

Cant we just have normal factions back please? I hated covenants.

5 Likes

Providing breakfast on demand already makes them more useful than Night Elves and Blood Elves and we just spent three expansions wrapped up in elf lore. So, lets give Dragons a chance.

1 Like

Thats an image that wont soon leave my head thanks for that…

5 Likes

Whichever one that Wowhead tells me is the best.

18 Likes

My order of importance criteria:

• Who has the best mail transmog?
  • If I like multiple sets, which flight fits nature/woodlands the best?
  • If I like none of the transmog options, whose covenant campaign sounds the most interesting? If multiple, choose the one with the prettiest scenery.
  • If none of the above are applicable, choose based on prettiest covenant hall thing.
  • If we’re still at an impass, choose what trusted websites tell me to choose and try not to care
13 Likes

A lot of that really depends on what a return to the Covenant system would entail. For now, that question really just boils down to what one’s favorite Dragonflight is.

I’d like to believe Blizzard isn’t idiotic enough to repeat the grotesque mistake of tying aesthetics to gameplay, all gated behind months of timegated grinding, only to fix their system under the pretense that this is the experience they wanted us to have.

But this is Blizzard.

10 Likes

You didn’t answer the question.

1 Like

Depends on the characters and themes.

The Venthyr were just so vastly My Thing that I still haven’t touched the other covenants even though I like the NF ability way more.

I like Night Fae so much that I haven’t joined the other covenants myself

4 Likes

Other covenants are what alts exist for.

Night Fae is bis tho.

6 Likes

I legit tried to have alts, but there was never a time I felt like I could. Between anima, rep, legendary mats, honor, low gear drops… That’s not even including collection stuff. Like getting a leather piece of transmog on my hunter I’ve been farming for on my DH just felt bad.

It got better as the expansion went along, but by then I was already not having fun in Shadowlands. Spent significantly more time in old expansion content instead.

I dunno, Blue Dragonflight I guess.

1 Like

See, I found when all you care about is doing the most casual stuff you can and accepting that you just want pretty armor, it’s very easy to level alts to 60 and quickly forget you did that!! Then when you come back to the game a month before 9.2, you just gotta get your main to do Korthia for flying, then buy some Renown boosts, and voila!!

1 Like

I did do that, except the leveling. I didn’t enjoy that this expansion so I only have my DH main, my hunter, and my holy priest at max. The grinds I hated were just on my main for leather mog except the legendary stuff, which was just me getting my ilvl higher so I could solo more old stuff lol.

I think I would be town between Bronze, or Blue. I quite like both of them. Ideally I would want a playable draconic type race, but since that will never happen*, I would setting for allying with em. :slight_smile:

• Not in WoW at least. Doesn’t really fit this game to have playable dragons like Istaria does. I guess they could go with something like Drakkin (humans infused with draconic power from EQ1), or Aerakyn (basically Elven dragonkin from EQ2). I digress though.

See, I just went Threads of Fate for alts, and I found the single best method of leveling; pet battle world quests, Maldraxxus racing torch thing, and other quick and easy quests. Then switch. Don’t actually waste time doing anything involving fighting or that takes more than 3 minutes. Alynsa’s a miner/skinner, so before my alts even hit 60, their professions were maxed and they had some blue starter gear, so I could spend even less time doing anything on them!

It’s all about efficiency, Anelaan. Finding ways to level alts without actually playing them. If you do that, it’s like you’re barely even in Shadowlands!!

That is a free professional-level tip for all of you.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I think dragons in wow are terrible and have been terrible since cataclysm. I don’t really care about any of the pallet swapped flights. I would probably go with what has the nicest looking area.

2 Likes