Dragonflight Class Tuning Incoming - June 4

You’re right, but I think nerfing anything at this point effectively ends the season early which greatly ruins the higher keys (which are the only keys where this actually matters beyond community perception).

Nerfing VDH doesn’t suddenly mean BDK and Prot Warrior can do +21s.

Then hotfix all the other tanks to give them as much as VDH has.

“But Brewa, that would be overpowered.”

You don’t say.

4 Likes

Trust me, I think this would be a healthy approach for this season specifically, but I don’t think ANY class is getting that level of changes mid-season since that entails a full-blown rework and not numbers tuning.

VDH’s numbers are not the issue. It’s just fundamentally better at CC than everything else.

Reminder you guys still haven’t put in the magic stagger buff or tiger statue nerf that you were supposed to put in 3 and a half weeks ago!

3 Likes

Probably because of how everyone laughed at Blizzard for how stupid they looked making class changes based on 1 guy’s screenshot tweet.

i like how useless the survival changes are

it really tickles my brain

2 Likes

The stealth nerf is that, while they cost less, they also reduced the size so that it’s only useable by gnomes, vulpera, goblins and dwarves.

FWIW they make the tier noticeably better in ST.

The set bonus is just fundamentally flawed in AoE which is a design issue and not as much a tuning one.

Hotfix isn’t even the right word either.

Anything, you could literally do anything for other tanks and it wouldn’t effect anything in the current meta. Give prot warriors and BDK’s a flat out 20% damage increase, they still wouldn’t be taken in keys over VDH’s. Give Brewmaster a pure 10% DR aura buff, they still woudnl’t be taken over VDH. You could give absurdly gigantic buffs to other tanks across the board and they still woudln’t be taken over VDH’s because of the disgustingly broken state they’re allowed to stay in.

How we gonna bring Prot Paladin in line with VDH, give them double blessings or what?

6 Likes

:joy: you people are so dramatic sometimes it cracks me up

Laughs in DH 4% lmao. I’ll take it

it is better in ST, i’ll give it that. ~2.5% increase in st

surv hunters will still take a massive hit in dps by swapping off s3 (489 ilvl) tier in most scenarios though

That’s why I’m saying, make hotfixes like this. Just spitballing, here:

• Spear Hand Strike now has 2 charges, and interrupts and silences all enemies within a 10 yard radius of the target.
  • Keg Smash damage increased by 400%.
  • All abilities now generate healing spheres.
  • Leg Sweep now pulls in all targets within 30 yards and stuns them.
    etc.

You could absolutely hotfix other tanks to VDH levels.

But it would make it abundantly clear to everyone how badly they messed up in the first place, so they won’t.

2 Likes

Correct. But that’s just because the S1 tier is fundamentally flawed on that front (and the community voted for it why, exactly?).

While I appreciate you finally addressing SV Hunter, it’s not even close to what we needed:

S4 pre-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/xuC5YCN2uWSUUgSufnenMy
S4 post-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/3MbghXTzareu2VoZpRV2NL

+1.51% DS.
S4 pre-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/kwH1U1SkFVGDkXVc44LLXD 472.788 DPS
S4 post-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/t5gzedbKTxdogcUqHkj5Ke 479.844 DPS
S3 489: raidbots com/simbot/report/p5EaPPr2JzrbYxyysQeTVr 494.968 DPS
S3 528: raidbots com/simbot/report/tJQLL6EXfEX2E2LRnPZYgg 535.059 DPS

+0.61% raw 5t AoE.
S4 pre-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/4Mc5163W8BUqn5CWNF8Z2V 813.526 DPS
S4 post-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/h4hQ7px8n16YG2SSdF7521 818.481 DPS
S3 489: raidbots com/simbot/report/tYQHyPASow2CDdnBmvCAN1 878.402 DPS
S3 528: raidbots com/simbot/report/8UBVXZaWMzPMLTGgDcGe3g 952.641 DPS

+0.49% raw 10t AoE.
S4 pre-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/2q2huQ2XmhoEHeCvVQSxYc 1,210M DPS
S4 post-tuning raidbots com/simbot/report/t1bTYpvVicN1a87tXr5udH 1,216M DPS
S3 489: raidbots com/simbot/report/6HURcMufXq4EFs3gh8YCTd 1,326M DPS
S3 528: raidbots com/simbot/report/sgN8Q2W1M8WneHSDWUg29G 1,441M DPS

You need to either move the power of season 3 sets into season 4, or increase buchery/curve damage by probably 80-100%

3 Likes

idk, everyone is pointing fingers at the “raiders

its not the only spec that got screwed by having not the best tier set win, but its one of the few that has been cursed this bad

outside of the st buff they may as well have just pretended there was nothing wrong, the result is almost the same

1 Like

Less stops needed means just pull more.

coughtwo-chargedivinetollcough
:eyes:

Ret untouched? They just get to be gods for an entire expansion I take it.

So then we can continue doing what we were doing before anyway. An AoE zergfest.

I see no issues.

1 Like