Dragonflight Beta stuck on initializing

OS Windows 11
ISP Comcast

I have tried the following:

Reinstalling the Bnet Client
Manually deleting the hidden bnet/blizz files in %temp% , %programdata% , %localappdata% , %appdata%
Stopping the installation and reinstalling
Scan and Repair
Running in Administrator
Flushing the DNS Cache
Praying

Nothing is working. It just loops to “Initializing (2129194/2129194)…”

Updating other games works fine. I’m installing retail right as I type.

I’ve been having the same exact issue since the last update as well. Just stuck on Initializing (2129194/2129194)

Hey guys, I also had this issue and my friend found the solution on a 5 year old Reddit post regarding Destiny 2.

Once your install gets to the point where it gets stuck, cut the World of Warcraft folder from the drive you’re trying to install it on and paste it to the desktop. The download will stop. Paste that same file you cut back into the intended drive and restart the download.

Hope this helps someone.

P.S. No idea why this works.

Did retail load? THis EXACT same thing is happening top me on retail

1 Like

gonna try this now, cause i currently cant install the game at all. just hangs on updating over and over.

If anyone is still searching for this solution this is the only one that worked for me:

I have been debugging this all evening. I have tried all the steps others have given, and I found the Agent in bnet is repeatedly crashing and restarting. I opened a thread here with a crashlog.

If you want to check your crash logs for the same, they can be found here:
C:\ProgramData\Battle.net\Agent\Agent.8022\Errors

did it work for you?

nope, i ended up getting the files from someone elses pc. classic/wrath classic would install fine but retail was just not happening.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.