Dragonflight alt skip

Anyone who played enough on the beta know if you can skip the campaign at any point on alts once it’s completed on your main? Say, for example, I’m leveling my main with a partner, but want to play when they are offline, so I start another character in the campaign. Once I complete the campaign on my main, can my alt character midway through the campaign go back and skip forward to unlock world quests, or am I stuck in the initial path?

1 Like

There is a mission table at the first populated area you come to when you get to the dragon isles (where all the trainers are). After your first toon has completed the story your alts can select an option at that table that opens up a lot of other options. It isn’t so much a skip as it is much less of a focus on the story quests.

3 Likes

Thank you! Sounds like I wouldn’t get stuck if I did a little bit of questing then.

1 Like

Highly recommend maxing out your dragon riding talent tree by collecting dragon glyphs before you really start questing. If you aren’t much for questing this will at least make it substantially less painful.

Use the Tom Tom addon and you can use the glyph locations here to speed the whole process up.

5 Likes

Thank you! I will check this out. I don’t mind questing so much, but definitely like some variety in my leveling. Threads of Fate was really great for my many alts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It depends. If you are min/maxing yeah but it’s fun seeing a message pop up letting you know one is around and soaring the skies trying to find it. Almost a bit like an RPG/PS game.
I can definately see the advantage to doing it though.

Me and my friend are doing what OP has done and leveling together and not reading any guides and taking our time and probably the most fun expac since at least legion if not wrath IMO.
Though I can already tell I wouldn’t want to run through a main story a 2nd time :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Is there a way to open up the portals to Stormwind/Orgrimmar in Valdrakken without doing EVERYTHING again on an alt? Am I missing something here?

1 Like

Are the talents for Dragonriding account wide or do you have to collect all the glyphs on each toon?
Edit #1 - The glyphs collected do carry over to other toons.

1 Like

They do but you (or at least I) have to reassign them for each toon, which is a bit silly since it is basically a linear path. I suppose you could want some toons to have the damage on landing and others to have the shield.

2 Likes

it skips the 4 dragon campaign quest now it goes straight to unlocking wq and the 9chapter campaign thats not really needed

But where? Where specifically do you go? The name of the location, please? Driving me nuts over here trying to figure out where.

3 Likes

I see a Scouting Map at the Embassy on my alts but I can’t interact with it? it gave me no choice.

I ended up deciding after the portal bugs seem to have been fixed that I didn’t need to do anything at all. No mission table no nothing. Once the first character finishes the main story you turn a quest in to the dragons at the top of the giant tower in the main city and a big notification window opens up and tells you that the story is complete and adventure mode was unlocked. After logging out of the game and back in (I think that’s part of what did the trick) all my alts could just go thru the portal in the portal room and had access to world quests, story quests, side quests, all the dungeons etc. The “skip” seems to be all very transparent. I had heard on the Beta that there was a mission table but had never seen it myself. Seems if it ever existed it’s been replaced by this system, which is quite simple.

4 Likes

Don’t know if this is still relevant or not, but I tried my alt for the first time today, I didn’t went through the portal, got into the boat, ended at waking shores and right at the second camp, after you kill the proto drake’s, and can access all the profession trainers, or better yet where horde and alliance first meet up, there is at the left side a drachtyr with a quest for you to chose a place on the war table, for me I had the campaign until the point where you unlock the adventure mode, and could choose all the places on the table, and now my alt has the same campaing quest where I stoped with my main

1 Like

I need a guide on how to take my alts to DF properly.
I’ve tried 2 alts, one with grabbing the dragon isles quest in the main city and it shows completed afterwards when I arrive at DF zone.
The other character I took to dragon isles, I didn’t grab the quest in the main city, and this was to test if I needed it since I got my paladin to 70 and finished the main part.
The second alt without the dragon isles quest cannot use full dragon flight and has nothing there.
So, does that Starting quest that all characters get in the main city need to be finished to get it opened on alts?

1 Like

For my alts I didn’t take the boat or do any of the quests, just went to the portal room and took the portal. Did this with 11 lvl 60 alts all with no problem. They are all parked in Valdrakken now. All I had to do for this to open up was finish the entire story campaign on my main. All 11 alts have access to world quests, all the dungeons etc., etc.

2 Likes

Thanks, I just found it by what you mentioned. Does it open a command table up or anything? I did go through the portal but on my quest log it shows this as well. Do I need to finish that short quest? It says The Dragon Isles await, Meet Ebyssian in Orgrimmar.

I finished that quest on one alt and took the boat, on the other 10 I just completely ignored it. They are in valdrakken with the quest still in their log lol. There is a table that looks like it could be a scouting map near where the quest chain starts you off (76.5, 34.2 in The Waking Shores) but it never became active for the two chars I took there. Seems like the mission table/scouting map idea may have existed at one point but was abandoned sometime during beta. I haven’t spent much time seeing if it works or not on any chars that didnt do any of the quests though so who knows?

Yeah, the portal works in both Stormwind and Orgrimmar which is nice so that I don’t have to take the boat or blimp over.
Only reason I completed the small intro called The Dragon Isles Await is because it will keep spamming the player until they finish that one when they go back to their main city even though the player has been over to the new area via the portals.

1 Like

You have to complete a few of the story quest to unlock the table in Waking Shores.

1 Like