Dragonflight alt skip

So, would or should I do the starter quests that spawn in Orgrimmar? Or just go through the portal?

You have to complete a few of the story quest to unlock the table in Waking Shores.

But if you already quested past the initial meeting with Sendrax, you appear to be screwed. She’s gone, the map is unclickable, and campaign quests do not open up in later zones.

I took one of my alts to take the boat and start the normal quest chain after my main had completed the whole story and unlocked adventure mode. After the first few campaign quests starting from the dock, a normal quest (just the exclamation mark without the shield) becomes available from Sendrax called “Adventuring in the Dragon Isles”. This opens up the scouting map. After choosing a zone to quest in all of the world quests remain available and access to all of the dungeons also remain available.

It seems to be a really good system. It really gives you the option to do anything you want and mix it all up together however you want. Pretty awesome IMO.

5 Likes

Is redundant.

Not to worry, I am the Chair of the Department of Redundancy Department

4 Likes

Hmm, this may be unfortunate. I took a number of my crafting alts to the main camp to train professions and did the first few quests there and took one alt through the first zone quests. Still plodding on the main campaign on my main with my quest partner in the evenings, so I’ll find out soon what happens. Hopefully I can still activate the table on the alts that are still at the first camp.

I went over on one of my alts through the Org portal and did the opening quests (up to the ones that send you on to Wrathion’s area) on The Waking Shores and was never offered “Adventuring in the Dragon Isles”. I took another alt over on the zeppelin and did the first few quests (killing 10 protodrakes, rescuing the 3 ppl and protodrake scales) and after first meeting Sendrax she offered me a regular quest (not a campaign quest) for “Adventuring in the Dragon Isles” and the scouting map opened up. Just adding my findings

2 Likes

Just as an update, I finally finished the campaign on my main (woohoo). Here’s what I’ve seen so far. Some of this may be repetitive from what was stated above, but it seems some things may have changed over the past several days, so I will detail my experience below. It seems the console and scouting map may have been abandoned and the adventure mode is applied by default to each alt once unlocked? In all the iterations below, I never encountered a map or table. Maybe it was too buggy and this was the solution.

1. Alt who already completed half of the first campaign chapter - logged in and immediately had access to all the factions, world quests, options to quest in each zone, profession quests typically locked behind campaign progression, etc. I did return to the Wingrest Embassy to pick up the Aiding the Accord quest from the NPC Kerazal.

2. Alt who reached the Wingrest Embassy, but did not quest beyond it - same as alt #1

3. Alt who had never started in DF and went through the intro quests after the boat - factions and world quests were unlocked upon login. Once I arrived at Wingrest Embassy, the additional zone’s campaign starter quests and profession quest options appeared on the map, in addition to Aiding the Accord from Kerazal.

4. Alt who had never started DF and went to the Valdrakken portal - factions and world quests were unlocked upon login. Once I arrived in Valdrakken, I had the option to start quests in all zones, as well as profession quests. A second version of the NPC Kerazal appears in Valdrakken to offer the Aiding the Accord quest.

Edit: I do see the scouting map is still there next to Kerazal and it highlights when I mouse over it but its functionality doesn’t seem necessary anymore, so maybe it’s just decoration.

2 Likes

One thing to keep in mind is some things may still be locked behind quests, like I can do the Wrathion/Sabellion choice on main, but not hunter (level 70, did not do the main story in Waking Shores). So it would be handy to know if we still have to unlock some of the WQs via the story lines, and if so, why is such not stated anyplace.

1 Like

Some of the world quests unlock via renown, such as the dragon riding world quests. I imagine some other might as well?

I managed to get wq and the like available but the profession skip doesnt seem to be working, and I also can’t seem to get the Chromie area working either. Any ideas?

Just found this out, if you level via dungeons on an alt at least the obsidian citadel has a bronze dragon you can talk to unlock that area skips the quests

You probably should edit and add that to see the map, you need to accept the “Adventuring in the Dragon Isles” quest from Sendrax. I’m not really sure how all of this works now, when when I loaded into the zone, I could already see WQ… Some in-game note/explanation would be nice.

2 Likes

Do you know the name of the dragon? It is really disappointing none of my alts can farm the rares in the Obsidian area with Wrathion and Sabellian. I am not going to do the lengthy quest line to unlock the obsidian keep area on all my alts.

1 Like

The tokens do carry over to alts you just need to relearn the dragon riding skill tree.

Where do i go to get my alts going in DL?

Is this working? I’ve done the story line 3 times and want to skip it but can’t seem to get the skip to trigger on a fresh 60 that had not even started the story yet.

after skimming through the comments section this appears to be the answer

Any way to skip on an alt account if it is attached to the same bnet?

I want to log into multiple characters at the same time but don’t want to do the campaign multiple times.

I have 2 other accounts attached via the same bnet to my main account. The skips should apply to all of them.

1 Like