Dragonflight Alpha Thread

I’m not into Dracthyr but hoping to see what the monk tree will look like.

Also forget dragon mount and dragon riding I want one of those adorable otter mounts!! I hope blizz gives it swim speed bonus as well because I mean seriously it’s an otter. My parents went camping once on a river and an otter tried to fight the dog, they’re mean little cuties lmao

I have nothing else to add except I’m still waiting for Draenei rogues.

4 Likes

The otters are amazing. I want an otter mount.

Also, the Primal Ram, the Salamander and the Flying Squirrel need to be mounts.

2 Likes

Man same, so glad to see them making a comeback. Back when quest items stopped getting put into your bags I used to click the loot link just to see if any cute flavor text existed on them. BfA was really bad about quest items having no flavor text. Shadowlands was mildly better but not by much. I’ve stopped bothering checking the items these days so I’m happy to know I can start looking again if I get Dragonflight.

The way I see dragon riding is for action-packed fast travel while once regular flying comes out you can use it for screenshot hovering and sightseeing. I certainly hope they never get rid of regular flying straight up, it’s just too easy to control and I’d miss that.

3 Likes

Hard agree on flavor text. If there’s more of that, that’s wonderful. Adds so personality and RPG feel to the game for me.

4 Likes

It’s pretty much a complete 1:1 copy of the Griffon/Skyscale mounts and their mechanics from GW2. Heck, they even yoinked the races (big glowing circles and dotted line to follow) and the name of the mechanic (vigor) from GW2 as well.

Only downside is they didn’t get the feel right. I watched Bellular’s dragon riding video, and it looked cool……up until he had the dragon do a 90 degree turn on a dime. That needs to be fixed.

I agree with this.
But I do like all the customizations… now if they would just show off the mortal form options.

1 Like

You can see the visage stuff here

4 Likes

I want my Dracthyr to have a Gnome Visage.
I want that beard for all my characters.
I want those haircuts for all my characters.

Blizz, we need to talk.

ETA: Probably not the right thread for this but are we not long past certain haircuts/colors being restricted to certain races/genders? If we are not long past this, WHY aren’t we long past this?

It’s long past due to have every haircut/color/etc available for every character in this game.

10 Likes

Yeah I really wanted the visage to be all races, it’s a visage, after all. They should be able to look however they want – especially since it’s just Evoker, it’s not like every future goblin rogue or undead mage would go dragon for the racials etc.

Perhaps they’ll add more and it will be a simple barbershop visit.

5 Likes

Hell, I would take a Glyph that gave us just plain, normal, ordinary members of the other races as a place-holder while they figured out how to add scales, horns and Cats:The Musical to the other racial models.

The Blood Elf Male/Human Female as our visages feels … off somehow. Why would Drac’thyr have those as their Visages if they’ve been cut off from the rest of the world for 10,000 years? Why would they need Visages in the first place?

10 Likes

I didn’t need this evil today, Gentarn.

3 Likes

It is definitely a weird choice. Making Evoker a class for every race that just functions like a druid form would be fine. Making a fully new humanoid form would be cool too. But choosing Blood Elf male and Human female specifically and exclusively is an odd half-measure. Especially since the Blood Elf male model gets a bit too much play already. He’s already got a class only he can be on Horde, plus void elves, plus was the only paladin race for a long time, plus he stands funny so everything clips on him, so… why that model?

5 Likes

You look at this and tell me there’s a God.

10 Likes

Insert scene of opening the Ark from Indiana Jones here

5 Likes

Wow, the visages are…

Well, I’m sure both teams will have fun.

3 Likes

The male options in the pics makes me think of some fanart of a YA fantasy love interest lol. Some of the female hairstyles are pretty cute though.

OMG THAT’S IT!! That’s what they reminded me of but I couldn’t place it, that cgi CATS abomination. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why? Because Blizzard gives us what they think we want, they have to poison the well - so to speak - before they can try to fix it lol. SO many instances of “We heard you wanted this… so whe’re giving you that mangled, half-thought-out horror instead!”

1 Like

A lot of great artists avoided Blizzard and left games entirely, opening the door for furry artists to break in. Not even joking.

Also, the “blind” eye option will be nice for the Dracthyr form in terms of making it more beast-like. Personally going to go light on the scales and stuff for the visage form, going male. Then, zoom out and relish in it while it’s OP so that in 3 years I can say “I remember when they could fly in combat,” haha

I have nothing against furries, some of the art they do is pretty well done, even cool looking, but this just looks… off.

Same here, and I think the artist (Ariel Fain I think) does great stuff, this just really does feel off to what seems like more than half the playerbase – they went all out with the options and another body type or two would have been a big help in that regard.

Almost like as crazy as they went with the customisation, they really only got half way. A more drakonid options + other races for visage, even if it wasn’t all of them right out the gate, would have gone a long way.