Dragon riding is going to the old world

Nah, it’s my opinion, which is what 90% of a forum is about.
You are free to disagree of course.

1 Like

And when your farming matts,

So they say going forward, does not mean they will bring it to classic. This more likely means they are going to allow it in future expansions which is much easier to implement then having to fix older areas to allow a new feature to be present without breaking the entire game

1 Like

It doesn’t break the game to do it as is right now. Dracthyr can fly in every older zone right now using Dragonriding with their Soar racial, and it works perfectly fine without any kind of ‘fixing’ or ‘redesign’.

Whether that interpretation of what was said is correct? It could be, we will have to wait and see.

Dracthyr is easier to implement it by making it a more simplified version with a longer cd incombination of it being a character rather then a mount. And yes in programming terms this would make a difference

You realize the reason cataclysm expansion had the massive “destruction” of the classic zones was only to implement flying there as they werent designed with the thought of flying.

We dont have any issues now in dragonflight because all the zones were designed around it. And even then there were still bugs like the common random dc on take off.

If they were to add it to classic zones it would be likly another rework of the zones again so they can build it with dragonriding in mind.

Comparing apples to oranges, Cata had to redesign the zones because they were never designed to be see from in the air, there were multiple interviews that explained from the top there were various areas that simply had no textures/missing elements because they were not designed to be seen from the air besides flightpath route parts.

That work has already been done, all zones that can be flown in game now are designed to be seen from the air. And no, there is no ‘major to the point of needing some restructuring zones’ code difference between Dragonriding, and the Dragonriding that limits the use of surge forward and skyward ascent to two uses instead of vigor (Soar) that works already in all flyable zones.

But as said, we will have to wait and see.

Wow is a perfect definition of what is wrong with society today. If your opinion or likes/dislikes dont match or conform with others, then you suddenly become a soulless, bottom feeding, leech that shouldnt have the right to exist. If you need clearity go back up and read all the insults and rude comments geared towards people that have different opinions. Personally I dont care who likes or dislikes whatever, but good lord all the insults and just plain rudness, is totally uncalled for. No wonder this game has become anti social.

3 Likes

Exactly this, i saw a post with the title saying “if you dont like dragon riding, then you must suck at it”, i can careless about dragonriding, i even have most of the acheavements for it and nearly got the dragon racer title and i still can careless for it. All it is to me is early expansion flying. But according to these people i must be terrible at it beings i dont like it

3 Likes

Perhaps they can’t post links upon the forums, and that’s why it was copied, and pasted? Of course not, because if anything that goes against your own beliefs is wrong.

1 Like

Only complaint is that it is not already a thing!

AHHHHH feels good to be right.

What say you now, haters.

I mean we knew it was coming, Ion said straight up in the interview that Dragonriding is going forward past dragonflight. Didn’t expect them to have a kalimdor dragonriding event this soon though (not saying that is bad)

Meh im sure Blizzard will gimp it somehow before too long so static flying is still better

Not only are dragon fliers getting dragon flying in the old world along with lot more racing to help keep them happy. If I read the article right there is going to be a toggle so players can pick their preferred method of flying which is going to bring back players who can play the game again

2 Likes

Nope sorry you are wrong. I am actually good with dragonriding and quite comfortable with it. Do i use it, NO. I simply do not like the mechanics of having to mitigate the resources when my only goal is to get from point A to point B. If there is a good reason to use it, then I am fine with it (races for example), standard transportation, no thanks.

1 Like