Dragon Riding Camera Bug

Just want to draw people’s attention to this. This bug is from DAY 1 of dragonflight and still lingering

5 Likes

I think it’s somewhat vehicle related. I’ve had this in every expansion I can remember since Wotlk days and it’s mostly when I come out of a possession effect or off a vehicle.

I’m assuming dragon riding and Evo soar are coded similar to being in a vehicle (you can’t strafe).

I think it’s just way more pronounced now since now everybody in the game is using dragons.

I finally just turned off camera auto follow. It’s weird at first, but now that I’m used to it, I almost like it better.

28 days since post and no updates from blizzard?

4 Likes

This makes Dragonriding Quests and Gathering a horrible experience. Not only am I racing against the clock for Dragonriding Quests but I have to fight the camera itself. Not only am I in competition with other players to make it to gathering nodes but I’m competing with the camera as well. I’m fighting glitch in a core mechanic of the expansion just to play the game.

1 Like

Still no fix for this I guess? Seems to still be happening.

1 Like

I get it alot when entering dungeons and then i cant continue its to annoying and i have to relog to fix it. Can you please do something already !?

The bug I get in dungeons is my camera turns to face the dungeon exit after I zone in.

This bug is ruining my enjoyment of the game. Triggers from just about any interaction, not all the time, but enough of the time that it’s really aggravating.

There was a bug like this in the game many MANY years ago, it got fixed really quick. Not sure why the devs are dilly dallying around with this one, must be more complex fix.

1 Like

How the hell has this still not been addressed?

3 Likes

This was fixed temporarily but this is a problem again. I was able to finish my advanced dragonriding achievements, but now gathering herbs and metals is a nauseating experience, the camera flips from where it usually is (directly behind my character) it flips to the front right side of my character, providing me with the vital view of what is behind me, not showing me where I need to land or whatever I’m about to crash into.

2 Likes

Issue is still occurring. Happens to be at least 4-5 times a week.

1 Like

getting old having to reload everytime I zone into an arena because of this issue. Almost 2 months in and still happening.

2 Likes

As quick as it is to type /reload, this expansion has been so riddled with bugs I actually made a macro key for /reload.

2 months from release, and I wonder if Dev know this bug or not

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue in the past. It’s pretty bad that you almost have to create a /reload macro button to fix half the things in the expansion.

They probably aren’t fixing this because it’s minor compared to the numerous other incredibly broken stuff in the game like Disconnect and Disconnect loops when landing on a dragon riding mount, or how about the item restoration tool list not displaying any items on certain pages if an item crafted with a Spark of Ingenuity is on them. Or the big one where everyone using a Mac is having issue even getting into the game right now.

bump, as this is still an issue. i actually can not play the game when this camera & movement issue happens

day 1 till now

Yep, happened to me since day 1, figured out that turn keys is temp fix.

Also still having this issue, having to /reload every time it occurs is annoying.
They need to fix this.

Fastest work-around is to:

STOP → click both mouse buttons to move forward a step → profit

Should work both mounted and not.