Draenei Warlocks? You ARE kidding?!

So, you’re making up more headcanon ontop of all the headcanon you already made up.

3 Likes

You not paying attention doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Next time pay attention. Maybe you’ll actually like parts of the lore if you took a second to read. I know this is a lot to ask of you, but I believe that if you try very hard that you might learn someting.

is that all headcanon, or mostly headcanon?

Or at some point they had a crisis in their faith so devastating they would turn from the Light but still call themselves LFD to mock their former friends and their devotion.

What would help is if there were any links to anything on the PTR that showed or not show if Blizz is taking in consideration that they’re giving LFD and Draenei a class that yes lore wise they wouldn’t touch with a 10 ft pole.

1 Like

Except it didn’t happen.

Warcraft Chronicles, Volume 1: Page 51

As Sargeras arrived on Argus to corrupt the unsuspecting eredar, Valen and his followers made their daring escape. They gathered aboard a massive naaru dimensional fortress known as the Gendar and fled their homeworld forever. From that day forward, Valen and his followers would be known as the draenei, or “exiled ones.”

On Argus, Sargeras bent the other eredar to his unholy will. Fanatical fel whisperings surged through the minds of the world’s inhabitants, drowning out their ability to reason. Sargeras also infused the eredar with fel energies, twisting there forms to resemble hideous demons.

So, you’re now saying that the Draenei accepted Demons into their culture, despite your arguing for them not to have access to Warlocks because of “demons” and “fel”

1 Like

In the context of his comment, the introduction or eredar is contingent on warlocks being generally accepted in draenei society, so this is a non-point?

Idk why this upsets people. Cultures change over time

Our playable characters are not a representative of the cultural norms of our races. We are clearly different from the npcs. But honestly it makes perfect sense to me that after the horde/alliance has been fighting side by by with every class for like what a decade? That their bias against certain powers might be swayed, even if it is a small minority.

6 Likes

Lightforging isn’t something that can just be flipped off after it’s done. It’s why Illidan rejected it, as it was changing him. Had he not resisted then he wouldn’t be Illidan anymore and that’s his worse fear.

There’s no crisis in faith for Lightforged as they are reforged to serve the Light.

Over 10,000 years of war in a losing war and never has a Lightforged fallen to darkness or doubt. Yet now they do? C’mon now. Blizzard should be the ones trying to make it make sense. It shouldn’t be up to the players to do it for them.

2 Likes

I dunno, Human Warlocks aren’t accepted into Human Society, so I don’t know the argument at all.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but at least one of his scenarios is canon.

Legion is just bad storywriting, so I wouldn’t accept Legion as Canon at all.

Yeah, remember killing Illidan back in TBC, then all of a sudden, he was bought back as if to say “this is fine”.

Bro…
LF and Mag’har are part of Leigon.

2 Likes

Actually I think Silver Circle on wra wrote headcanons about how Kaldorei have their own paladins. They use Elune based magic not the light.

Delas only exalted the Light was because that was the oath to get into the Silver Hand.

I was planning to create a point and laugh emote to those that created a LF warlock/VE paladin, but then remembered blizz messed with spit and fart, so I guess I’ll just laugh at them irl.

That’s… kind of crappy but thank you for the answer.

I mean, I love Exile’s Reach but one of the appeals was it’s an option.

Not accepting canon doesn’t mean you can refute someone’s canonical point. It doesn’t work like that.

I’m calling it now: Warcraft 11 will consist of your choice of color of a cube that will be your avatar and a set of three numbered buttons labeled 1: DPS, 2:Heal, 3: Defend and we will interact with colored spheres that are the new enemies.

No need for lore, no need for story lines, just a cubes vs spheres battle with pvp being cubes vs cubes.

4 Likes

I keep saying it, if lore in an RPG is not something the player cares about, this isn’t the game for them, even though they will surely find fun in it.

If they want a character creator, go play the sims. Want an openworld sandbox, go to fortnite. Let the people be who enjoy this game in it’s current form for what it is, which it is NOT any of those other games.

1 Like

oh nvm. you just dont accept the lore that exists so you can accuse people of making it up. hehe naughty

1 Like